Arsenal v Aston Villa. Sunday 14th April 16.30 hrs K.O | Page 31 | Vital Football

Arsenal v Aston Villa. Sunday 14th April 16.30 hrs K.O

It has to be mentioned again that the Sky Sports post analysis was so bias it wasn’t even subtle.

Narrative was it was an Arsenal loss/poor performance.
The entire post match analysis was Arsenal and the title race (something their team must be crying about as they wanted the neck and neck 3 horse race storyline)
They then proceed to interview Ollie and Emi…..about Arsenal.
They then make a point of saying ‘we will come back to the title race, but we must mention the Aston Villa goals…’…..then literally only discuss the title race.
Obviously this was exacerbated by have a pro Arsenal/London punditry team.
And eventually, discussed us in the last 5 mins.

It really really pisses me off.

For me, yesterday's performance, considering the injuries, suspensions, amount of games we've played so far was our best performance of the season. Controversially even better than the City game as we had pretty much a clean bill of health.
Before the game was hoping for a draw so to come away with all 3 points was amazing. Massive credit to Unai and the players, who as he usually does shakes the opposition managers hand then heads straight down the tunnel and leaves the players to lap up the appreciation. The guy is a class act,unlike many of his more fêted counterparts.
A similar performance on Thursday now please 🙏

Arteta
It has to be mentioned again that the Sky Sports post analysis was so bias it wasn’t even subtle.

Narrative was it was an Arsenal loss/poor performance.
The entire post match analysis was Arsenal and the title race (something their team must be crying about as they wanted the neck and neck 3 horse race storyline)
They then proceed to interview Ollie and Emi…..about Arsenal.
They then make a point of saying ‘we will come back to the title race, but we must mention the Aston Villa goals…’…..then literally only discuss the title race.
Obviously this was exacerbated by have a pro Arsenal/London punditry team.
And eventually, discussed us in the last 5 mins.

It really really pisses me off.
You are better off watching the US coverage if you have access to it. SLY are an absolute joke.

For me, yesterday's performance, considering the injuries, suspensions, amount of games we've played so far was our best performance of the season. Controversially even better than the City game as we had pretty much a clean bill of health.
Before the game was hoping for a draw so to come away with all 3 points was amazing. Massive credit to Unai and the players, who as he usually does shakes the opposition managers hand then heads straight down the tunnel and leaves the players to lap up the appreciation. The guy is a class act,unlike many of his more fêted counterparts.
A similar performance on Thursday now please 🙏
We had 66 hours to prepare after the Lille game , Arsenal had an extra 48 hours , yet Ollie said they could feel Arsenal were tiring and that they thought we could score.

Amazing really given the circumstances with our injuries etc.

I think we're starting to catch a second wind now, we looked very fresh late on yesterday despite playing in Europe. The players can see the finish line and the possibility of top four and a cup win and are finding a way to elevate fitness and performance, pure adrenaline.

I think we're starting to catch a second wind now, we looked very fresh late on yesterday despite playing in Europe. The players can see the finish line and the possibility of top four and a cup win and are finding a way to elevate fitness and performance, pure adrenaline.
I thought this yesterday, totally surprised he did not rest a few, should have known the bitterness he has for Arsenal! It's a great time to catch form, the critical end of the season. I bet it made the Lille fans sit up.........ps I'm still buzzing.

An underappreciated aspect about yesterday was how well we were passing the ball around our own box whilst under pressure. We were simply mugging Arsenal off so bad that at multiple points the just stopped pressing us.
The courage Unai instills in his players is incredible. Like many I was watching through my fingers at times, but the players believe.
I bet you don't hear "Get rid" bellowed at Bodymoor Heath very often.

Thought it was quite apt yesterday ( given how nobody in the bloody media thought we could possibly dare to go there and get a point, let alone win)…it was 43 years ago to the very day that Sir Ron, irked by the bloke interviewing him, uttered those never to be forgotten words…’do you wanna bet against us’. How true was that yesterday and for what lies ahead!

The line up smacked of Custer’s Last Stand with Zaniolo, Diaby and Rogers all starting. So many attacking players… But each and every one was comfortable with first touch, receiving in tight situations and playing through Arsenal. According to Ollie, Unai had three meetings with them yesterday and must have instilled an extraordinary belief in them. Given the occasion, our diminished squad and even recent disappointments, this ranks amongst the most memorable away wins I have seen. Unai’s understanding and development of the players and the team is simply outstanding.

I thought this yesterday, totally surprised he did not rest a few, should have known the bitterness he has for Arsenal! It's a great time to catch form, the critical end of the season. I bet it made the Lille fans sit up.........ps I'm still buzzing.
I think it will be the Bournemouth game where he will rotate - Luiz dropping out was forced but looks like it helped out the player and the team. Tielemens stepped up brilliantly and Luiz can play on Thursday so will be rested up

Got to give a mention to Zaniolo yesterday. I've been his harshest critic but he more than played his part and gave White a bit of a torrid time.

We want to see more of that now for the rest of the season.
Playing for a move and new deal - will have to show that level now for Villa, even if he doesn’t stay with us