Arsenal v Aston Villa. Sunday 14th April 16.30 hrs K.O | Page 30 | Vital Football

Arsenal v Aston Villa. Sunday 14th April 16.30 hrs K.O

Carlos got MOTM but we had amazing performances from front to back today, I hope this sets the players up for Thursday against Lille.
I notice they had the weekend off to rest players before the next round of the Europa Car Park Cup......
However I think the result today will set us up for the return leg.
You can be sure every single Lille player was enjoying the weekend off watching the Villa.
Him and Youri were neck and neck. Followed closely by Rogers, Zaniolo, Ollie and Emi. I thought McGinn, Konsa, Digne and Torres did their work nice and quietly bar one or two mistakes by Torres.

Virtually faultless by everyone. Only really Diaby who disappointed and that's mostly just making poor choices in the final 3rd.

My Co worker is an arsenal fan, he's a mouthy young pup so I will take great enjoyment in boasting tomorrow, plan is to tell him that my Internet has been down all weekend and I didn't catch the match result.....and could he let me know how it finished?
Never mind all the beating about the bush. Just go straight for the jugular and quote Liam Gallagher.

What a day….to come away with one point I’d have been ecstatic but all 3 is just unbelievable and to do it in the way we did makes it even sweeter. We controlled that second half like no other team has done there this season. And the limbs in the away end were on another level. Absolute carnage. What Unai is doing with this group of players and given our injury/suspensions is nothing short of incredible. Great performances across the team today but Carlos, Tielemans both immense and the improvement already in Morgan Rogers is clear. Zaniolo also starting to settle and show what he’s capable of. Ollie is doing things we never thought he was capable of…Coaching is on a level we’ve not seen before tbh. Going to be difficult to sleep tonight..Will be replaying the goals in my head all night long!

What a day….to come away with one point I’d have been ecstatic but all 3 is just unbelievable and to do it in the way we did makes it even sweeter. We controlled that second half like no other team has done there this season. And the limbs in the away end were on another level. Absolute carnage. What Unai is doing with this group of players and given our injury/suspensions is nothing short of incredible. Great performances across the team today but Carlos, Tielemans both immense and the improvement already in Morgan Rogers is clear. Zaniolo also starting to settle and show what he’s capable of. Ollie is doing things we never thought he was capable of…Coaching is on a level we’ve not seen before tbh. Going to be difficult to sleep tonight..Will be replaying the goals in my head all night long!
Me too (goals in my head)
but listening to sky and all the Arsenal gobshites ( players and fans) You'd never believe it was 2nd vs 4th, you'd think we were in the bottom 3.

The scenes when we scored will live with me forever.

@Villan62 here is some better coverage than the Sky numpties.

Skip to around the 24th minute mark. You have to get thru a tiny bit of Arsenal talk but they do talk about us and how great we were.

Robbie Mustoe picked out Morgan Rogers as his underappreciated performer of the week (a segment they do every week). "Brilliant club, great team, great manager".

Well I have just been reliving the match, taking it all in, it's intoxicating, really. When Ollie hit the far post and it rolled across the goal, OMG, then as so often happens, they nearly score immediately but for a magnificent save from Emi, that was special. David Coote is again showing his level, how the f**k was that a drop ball to the gooners? One other thing that did my head in the first half, was the sly commentators referring to the incredible atmosphere generated by the home fans when all I could hear was the Villa fans. So biased as always. No mention of the fact that we were missing a trio of massive midfielders. Cameras almost always on that Arteta. As for the second half, well according to sly, nervousness pervaded the stadium because they hadn't won a title for 20 years. Jacksy gooners when Tielemans hit all the woodwork on offer. Ødegaard 'poleaxed' by an overhead kick that barely touched his chest. Anyway I could go on, but the second half was special and saved the best to last and just brilliant.

Finally got to laugh at the advertising hoardings promoting Arisun Tyres when the home team coach had part of one on his head.

Unai 2 Arteta 0

Later - cant stop re-watching the last 10 mins with Leon & Ollie. So effing magical. Closing out the game whilst the eimirates empties

Last edited:
@Villan62 here is some better coverage than the Sky numpties.

Skip to around the 24th minute mark. You have to get thru a tiny bit of Arsenal talk but they do talk about us and how great we were.

Robbie Mustoe picked out Morgan Rogers as his underappreciated performer of the week (a segment they do every week). "Brilliant club, great team, great manager".

Cheers mate, great watch, I'm very excited about Rodgers for next season, especially seeing that Unai is nailed on to improve him again.

Last edited: