Arsenal v Aston Villa. Sunday 14th April 16.30 hrs K.O | Page 27 | Vital Football

Arsenal v Aston Villa. Sunday 14th April 16.30 hrs K.O

Away performance masterclass.

Yes, Arsenal had some golden chances in the first half but we have a world class keeper, they didn’t and couldn’t put those chances away and the longer it stayed at 0-0 the more likely we were to win it.

First half, I thought Carlos was excellent particularly. The biggest weakness was our right hand side with Diaby just not doing anything right and Konsa having a tough time defensively.

Second half, we didn’t concede early which was the biggest risk. A perfectly timed sub with Unai obviously reading the forum in real time as called by many, with Bailey coming on.

The game had changed, we were in control of the ball and looked threatening whilst we were able to crowd their attacks out. The double substitution by Arteta to take Odegard off surprised me, that changed the game in our favour. We could afford to concentrate on our game in the middle as opposed to make sure he wasn’t pulling all the strings.

Big credit to Zaniolo today. I slaughtered him a few weeks back, I still felt he wasn’t street wise in this league, he didn’t work hard enough and was too left footed to play left wing. But everything in that sentence he has worked on since then, and won so many throw ins and corners whereas in previous games he would’ve tried to nutmeg or turn into someone and lose it.

Youri came into a game winning class of his own, he’s such a player when he wants to be. Someone on the forum put that he could at Real Madrid if he was a bit more athletic, that’s completely right which is a compliment to his footballing ability. Fantastic player.

What a win, I’m still buzzing :utv:

Nice to keep a clean sheet and ensure we didn't concede early again today.

Zaniolo was superb today, put in a huge shift. Diaby, I worry for, hopefully he has a good pre-season and comes back better next season...but he just seems to lack some belief at times.

Tielemans is a top class player and he ran the show today.
Tielemans has never been a bad player, he was leicesters best player for years. Cant believe people thought he isnt good enough. Athletic? God wasnt too athletic either. Emery knew what he was getting when he persuaded him to join us, he kept him out of the team until he learnt what emery wanted. He is a class act

According to a few posts on social media, this was a club record 19th win in a 38 game season. Lovely little stat to end the day (if it hasn’t been posted already)
With a bit more experience and better game management i think we would be on 24 wins in 33 games. Been a blinder of a season. If i was a betting man id have a cheeky 50 quid on us winning our last 5!!!

I can’t get my head around Rogers playing 90 minutes how far has that lad come I the last 3 months

Although he’s a different player in his own right, he’s doing a lot of what JJ was doing, getting the ball and driving forward between the midfield and forward lines. Him and Ollie seem to have a real understanding already, unlike Diaby and Ollie who can be on different wavelengths.

Every game I’ve seen him play lately (Rogers), he seems to be a solid 7 at least. His performances are consistent and dependable, if he scores it’s a bonus but I don’t see that as being a necessity when he’s creating and working for others.

Tielemans has never been a bad player, he was leicesters best player for years. Cant believe people thought he isnt good enough. Athletic? God wasnt too athletic either. Emery knew what he was getting when he persuaded him to join us, he kept him out of the team until he learnt what emery wanted. He is a class act
I am certain I read from their fans he was their best player. It only got overshadowed when they got relegated. Cause Maddison only plays 25 league games a year and doesn’t show up in half of them.