Arsenal v Aston Villa. Sunday 14th April 16.30 hrs K.O | Page 3 | Vital Football

Arsenal v Aston Villa. Sunday 14th April 16.30 hrs K.O

The pundits are all counting this as an easy win for Arsenal. They seem to have forgotten what happened earlier this season.

It's a difficult one. Arsenal are only 2 places above us in the table but we all know that doesn't tell the full story. Their squad is significantly stronger than ours. Our first XI isn't that far away from their their first XI but we haven't had our first XI all season. At this point, we are mostly on our second XI.

But above all else, we still have a chance in this one for one reason:

He stood upon a little mound,
Cast his lethargic eyes around,
And said beneath his breath;
"Whatever happens we have got Unai,
and they have not."

Would have given us half a chance if our defence wasn't so shocking. With our Thursday game, Arsenal will have had two more days rest. Team selection may reflect this. I would be tempted to start some of the bench players and treat as a free hit.

It's a difficult one. Arsenal are only 2 places above us in the table but we all know that doesn't tell the full story. Their squad is significantly stronger than ours. Our first XI isn't that far away from their their first XI but we haven't had our first XI all season. At this point, we are mostly on our second XI.

But above all else, we still have a chance in this one for one reason:

He stood upon a little mound,
Cast his lethargic eyes around,
And said beneath his breath;
"Whatever happens we have got Unai,
and they have not."
It will be really interesting to see how Unai plays it. He will of course deny it but I can’t imagine he will not be desperate to get one over on Arsenal (again), but obviously he is a pro and perhaps he will deem it more sensible to make more changes than we expect, because what do I know…. But I don’t think we will go full Man City game in this one.

Good luck to all those going to the game, stay strong, sing loudly and as you always do, make us proud.

Very tough game given the circumstances around injuries, suspensions and Europe, but it’s a game of football where anything can happen on any given day.

COYVB :utv::utv::utv:

I wonder will arteta rest some players for their make or break champs league game during the week......and more worryingly, will Unai do the same?

Their second string are rested, our second string is our first team at this stage! We've looked a bit leggy recently or "playing to conserve energy."

But we've gotten points in games that we didn't expect earlier in the season, so no reason we cant come away with something (positive) today and the main factor, we've got Unai and they don't.

I will take a point right now before a ball is kicked.

We may not have the best defence in the league and out goal difference is not what it was BUT we still have the players to stay in the game for the full 90 minutes.

Question is, does Emery rest players for this knowing we're not expected to win this and the QF second leg in the week? He's shown he's not afraid to manage the players like that before.