Are you watching Prime Minister ... | Vital Football

Are you watching Prime Minister ...

moonay

Vital Football Legend
... though it's inconceivable that you're still in post after what's happened this past 18 months (Brexit, NI, PPE contracts, parties, wallpaper, Arcuri, etc), you've somehow managed to retain your job. God knows how, in fact, it beggars belief, but I suppose that at this time of year, it's nice to know that miracles really can happen.

Anyway, to honour of the little wager I made with (I think) Hindley, MiW and Jock, and knowing that there's bugger all chance of him buggering off before the new year, I've made my donation (see below).

Happy Christmas everyone, and let's hope 2022 is a year with a little more integrity.

1640353222834.png

Poor loser - right there........! 😁
You are clearly furious........! 😁
You should write a poem about it to take the edge off 😂😂😂😂😂

Fair crack for coughing up early though tbf 👏 👏👏

It was Jock, yes.

I did say I was reneging MiW a few weeks ago (after a couple of shandies!), mainly in disgust at how many times we were going to see the PM hanging on to his job by the skin of his teeth ......... but then I had second thoughts, and posted that it was only right that at least one of us (me or BJ) showed a smidgeon of integrity.

:cheers:

It was Jock, yes.

I did say I was reneging MiW a few weeks ago (after a couple of shandies!), mainly in disgust at how many times we were going to see the PM hanging on to his job by the skin of his teeth ......... but then I had second thoughts, and posted that it was only right that at least one of us (me or BJ) showed a smidgeon of integrity.

:cheers:

Donation done.....🍻

Well, not 10 full months later, and not only have we seen Johnson go, but his successor too.

What a shitshow.

PS. Yes, I know this should be in Off Topic, ... maybe Arthur (if you still have the admin access) can move it.

Well, not 10 full months later, and not only have we seen Johnson go, but his successor too.

What a shitshow.

PS. Yes, I know this should be in Off Topic, ... maybe Arthur (if you still have the admin access) can move it.
Proves that the members shouldn't be allowed to pick the PM. What a circus!

Proves that the members shouldn't be allowed to pick the PM. What a circus!

I disagree N'Zog. It's right that party members should have a say in who's their leader ... but when it's discovered (as we all knew) that they'd picked in over-ambitious incompetent fool, as C-Latic rightly says, they shouldn't be allowed to pick another one without an election.

Also, lets bear in mind that the parliamentary party chose Truss as one of the two options for the full party.

Unbelievable.

Can’t believe she hung on for so long. She’s left office with zero credibility, zero authority and zero dignity. An absolute clusterfuck of her own making given she has a dearth of the necessary skills and abilities to do the role.

There won’t be a general election as no way Conservative MPs will vote for that at this time. Besides given the issues at present it’s important we get a new PM in, stabilise and they fulfil the mandate on which they were elected.

I disagree N'Zog. It's right that party members should have a say in who's their leader ... but when it's discovered (as we all knew) that they'd picked in over-ambitious incompetent fool, as C-Latic rightly says, they shouldn't be allowed to pick another one without an election.

Also, lets bear in mind that the parliamentary party chose Truss as one of the two options for the full party.

Unbelievable.
No, N'Zog's right. Our recently departed prime minister wasn't chosen via a democracy, she was chosen by around 150k people who pay subs to be a member of the conservative party and it's those people who are the reason why we are in this mess.

Because the vast majority of them are elderly men with far right values who refused to vote for by far the best person for the job (Rishi Sunak) because he upset their beloved Boris. There is another reason I'm sure why they wouldn't vote for him but I won't go there. So they voted Truss in instead and this is the result. A collapsed economy and another PM out the door. Bravo!

There won’t be a general election as no way Conservative MPs will vote for that at this time.

Exactly, which is why the rules need changing. A strict rule where if the majority party lose two prime ministers, the elected third PM should be lawfully required to face a mandatory general election. It makes an utter mockery of our democracy and our country to have three leaders in one term and not one of them due to extraordinary circumstances such as an untimely death. It's a farce!

Last edited:
No, N'Zog's right. Our recently departed prime minister wasn't chosen via a democracy, she was chosen by around 150k people who pay subs to be a member of the conservative party and it's those people who are the reason why we are in this mess.

Because the vast majority of them are elderly men with far right values who refused to vote for by far the best person for the job (Rishi Sunak) because he upset their beloved Boris. There is another reason I'm sure why they wouldn't vote for them but I won't go there. So they voted Truss in instead and this is the result. A collapsed economy and another PM out the door. Bravo!

Don't get me wrong CL ... I don't for a second think that the Tory membership are anything other than what you describe. I'm simply saying that if the party members don't elect the leader, then who would? Just the MPs?

Let's face it, there should have been an election post Johnson's departure ... to not have now now after another departure is quite disgraceful ... however understandable it might be.

Not something which Ms Truss was overly arsed about.

(But yes, I agree this is what will/should) happen given that the Torys daren't go anywhere near a GE).

Yeah she was never interested in it.

Make or break time for the Conservatives. Some of them should be ashamed of their behaviour in recent years. Whoever gets the job needs to elect a capable cabinet regardless of whether they supported them or not in the election or not. They need to govern, capably, or face a colossal loss of seats in two years time.

Anyway you’ll be delighted to hear Boris is standing….and no I”m not trolling 😂

Don't get me wrong CL ... I don't for a second think that the Tory membership are anything other than what you describe. I'm simply saying that if the party members don't elect the leader, then who would? Just the MPs?

Let's face it, there should have been an election post Johnson's departure ... to not have now now after another departure is quite disgraceful ... however understandable it might be.
So assuming a party gains majority power at a general election. Should the prime minister (Boris) leave for whatever reason then yes their replacement should be elected by the MPs as they were elected by the public at the general election for key decisions like this. Should the replacement (Truss) leave for whatever reason, then a general election is triggered and those MPs pick another replacement who then stands as PM.

Memberships in political parties is a dying practice. They should be abolished, or advertised strictly as a way of donating financially to a party as a show of support.

Anyway you’ll be delighted to hear Boris is standing….and no I”m not trolling 😂

Given the number of resignations and letters of no confidence submitted to bring about his (much celebrated in some parts :innocent: ) departure, it should be inconceivable that this is even a remote possibility. Sadly, given the moral abyss within much of the Tory parliamentary party, I fear that this is very much a possibility.

Given the number of resignations and letters of no confidence submitted to bring about his (much celebrated in some parts :innocent: ) departure, it should be inconceivable that this is even a remote possibility. Sadly, given the moral abyss within much of the Tory parliamentary party, I fear that this is very much a possibility.

I suppose he could argue he’s the only one with a mandate. Supposedly members are being given an online vote - so if reaches the final two….