Are you impressed? | Vital Football

Are you impressed?

aveitncfc

Vital Champions League
Are you impressed with out signings? I really am not so far but to be fair will reserve judgement until they have had a few games.

Are we spending enough money? do we need to sell our best players?

I am unimpressed with the lack of transfer activity (in or out) when we are so near to the start of the season .What we need more than anyting is a settled squad who are fully commited to the difficult season ahead

Anyone know the reason for Olssens non inclusion in today's game?
The only name not given an excuse in the club published preview.

this time last season we all thought our squad was good enough to get into top 10 of prem.
we have lost snoddy / elmander and gained grabban and lafferty.
I would say it is better now than it was then !

I agree DG and this is now the side NA has settled on. Probably holding back to January window if side dont settle.

Grabban looked good tonight, has a good touch, good pace and works hard

I don't mind our lack of transfers, especially as it seems more of the youth team will be involved this year. I don't think we have a bad squad, just that it wasn't used by the clueless muppets properly last season!

It was a good result tonight on paper.
Lafferty Olsson Tetty Hooper Howson Wolf Fer all missing.
Pilks with a bit part.
We sure don't lack for pace now do we?
Question is how many absentees are not likely to return? Where they to go would what was on show tonight but strong enough to challenge for promotion?

Their goalkeeper was very weak - didnt move for the long range shots - would like to have seen them from behind the goal but no dive attempt at all - we wont be given presents like that during the season - they didnt look like bullet shots

The team looked like they were playing together and knew where each other was. Grabban looked ok, wes busy as usual and whittiker looked fit and was very skilful at the back. The opposition were tight passed very well and were quick, most of their side were on the small side and in the final third were very poor, so all in all the score made us sound good but i don't think it was a test of our resolve at all. Absent players could be going, such as bechio,bassong, fer and why was hooper missing? :think:

I would have liked to have the deadwood out of the club by now - having players who either don't want to be here or are not happy shouldn't be at the club - Bunn, Bassong and Becchio should have been shipped out whether it be on loan or sold - Maybe it is not the clubs fault and the actual agents/player, but I would like to see them gone.

I would have also liked to have players sorted out with them saying I am staying (very rare I know) but Ruddy did it and to a lesser extent so did Redmond. I worry that we will get screwed last minute with players like Fer (central midfield okay to be honest), Hooper, Redmond, Olsson, RvW all leaving and we will panic and have to go for a bloody loan player.

I would like to have seen a older GK come in as third choice like a Nash etc.
I would like to have seen a new defender come in I worry that an injury to Whittaker (he is prone) or Olsson and we could be left a little short and the same goes for the central position.
For me we have a bloody strong midfield and something I have always wanted here loads of pace plus attack minded players.

I do wonder if we will see that Gafaiti play as our 4th CB this season behind Martin, Turner and Bennett

We do need a RB to compete with Whittaker agreed

We need a RB and LB. Olssen looks to be leaving so both areas need cover.
Else Martin may face being a utility back. Not sure Benno would be suitable for RB cover.

Agreed with the above.

Gafaiti has been on pre season with the 1st team for the last two seasons....he has always been highly rated and I'd be happy for him to be there but we need wing back.

If o'neill was at game last night and is in Adams mind just makes me think 'do we not have money to spend or are the board being tight and telling Adams to going for free transfers'?

The general lack of movement in the championship as a whole is frustrating. It's seems to be part of the general pecking order.
Top 6 premiere take what they want. Next 14 scrap it out for what's left and try to cherry pick the championship ....... and so on.