Are you expecting any more new players in this window? | Vital Football

Are you expecting any more new players in this window?

BlueOyster

Vital Reserves Team
?The Chairman and I are working very hard behind the scenes, putting in hours upon hours to work on them [transfers], but the players have got to be right for the team, and right financially.?
-Ady Pennock in the Kent Messenger today.

Given that Tomas Holy came in on a free transfer and Nelson's still nursing the injury from that blinder of a penalty save against MK, it looks like AP got lucky on this one. But we all know money's tight around Gillingham. Meanwhile our rivals at Northampton and are Shrewsbury digging into their pockets with loanees from the Prem (and our beloved and charismatic JED in Northy's case) in hopes of avoiding a drop.

So I'm wondering if any of you more seasoned Gills fans think we can expect anything more than Holy in the rest of January?

I would expect a CB, probably late 20's early 30's, and a young striker probably non-league with potential.

nitram77 - 20/1/2017 15:35

I would expect a CB, probably late 20's early 30's, and a young striker probably non-league with potential.
Lol playoffs it is then!
(You're probably right!)

Plenty of time to get another couple in if the budget permits. I did expect JET to get the heave ho' so now feel it may be a different type of striker to Cody that can work better with the lazy boy.

Wayne.Kerr - 20/1/2017 15:00

Judging by the statement in the KM I would think it's very likely ffs.

the statement in the KM and on the official Gills site hangs heavily on the word BUT in there in my opinion, which is why I'm asking other people's opinions. It's not all black and white to all of us mate.

We might well sign someone but the question is if they tick all the boxes *we* think any signings should be. I bet our wishlist is different from what Pennoxk will bring in.