Are We Still Feeling Blue? | Vital Football

Are We Still Feeling Blue?

Tudor

Vital Football Legend
The tipping point for me, following the hype surrounding the England football teams performance during the South African World Cup was when the Three Lions crashed, or was that limped out of the tournament. Ever since I've found myself struggling to drum up any interest or motivation whatsoever to watch the team play.

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=540667

I think I'd lost my love of England even before then but can't put my finger on it. The South African performance certainly didn't help. I struggle to get any enthusiasm up to watch an England match now whether competitive or friendly & it is a real shame as I still recall the elation myself & my kids felt when Beckham smashed home the last gasp free kick against Greece all those years ago. I see little about the squad which excites me :-(

I admit that England are not exciting to watch, especially as some of the players were not good enough to win a cap, but my thinking is to make the rounds when they play internationals lets have the say at the Etihad instead of the over inflated London prices.

I've been blue since the womb. Never been much of a fan of England though for some reason :cheese:

kennyclementstache - 6/2/2014 19:53

i thought this was going to be a thread about whether we'd got over the Monday night result.

I must admit, the thread title threw me a bit as well

Same here I thought it was about Monday Night...... As for am bothered about England? Ask me again in June might have a differant answer, the Football withdrawal symptoms will have kicked in by then.....

Does anyone really think a team outside of South America has a chance this summer? Argentina is going to be very strong, Brazil is very strong, Uruguay is strong, and the climate is conducive to those countries playing style. As much as I'd love to see the USA or England advance, I highly doubt they'll make it far. I'd put my money on Argentina, personally, and maybe Spain for runner-up.

PhillyBlueMoon - 7/2/2014 20:05

Does anyone really think a team outside of South America has a chance this summer? Argentina is going to be very strong, Brazil is very strong, Uruguay is strong, and the climate is conducive to those countries playing style. As much as I'd love to see the USA or England advance, I highly doubt they'll make it far. I'd put my money on Argentina, personally, and maybe Spain for runner-up.

The only sides that have won the World Cup outside their own continent are Brazil and Spain. If a European team do it, it will certainly be something to be proud of.
I'm sure back in 1958 when Brazil did it in Europe that most observers at that time would never have forseen a Cup taking place in Africa in their lifetime for a variety of reasons.

Germany may have the best European chance this time, Spain will be thereabouts.

Brazil or Argentina look favourties at the moment.