Are we really ready for success | Page 3 | Vital Football

Are we really ready for success

If Poch goes who will replace him that would be available? Benitez maybe, are we big enough to attract someone like Zidane. Even if we could how long would he hang around for?
For me we simply have to keep Poch, Tim Sherwood is of the opinion that M.U. could offer silly monies and Levy would turn it down, the only way he sees Poch leaving is if he comes and say openly he wants to leave and he doesn't believe Poch will do that.
The rumour is Mitchell is being considered for DOF role, if that happens then Poch will surely follow.

You're memory is spot on, almost to a man here, he wasn't first choice.

My picks were LGV, The fat waiter and Poch.

Never got the hype with Frank de Boer. Always looked like a average manager in a shit league to me. By the sounds of it, he totally blew it in the interview anyway.

If Poch goes who will replace him that would be available? Benitez maybe, are we big enough to attract someone like Zidane. Even if we could how long would he hang around for?
For me we simply have to keep Poch, Tim Sherwood is of the opinion that M.U. could offer silly monies and Levy would turn it down, the only way he sees Poch leaving is if he comes and say openly he wants to leave and he doesn't believe Poch will do that.
The rumour is Mitchell is being considered for DOF role, if that happens then Poch will surely follow.

The issue we will always have with Levy as chairman, who can work with him?

We have had 2 maybe 3 managers that have done well in nearly 20 years. I don't fancy the odds of getting it right.

I suppose we have the new stadium and training facilities this time round. We also pay really good money for managers now. Poch is on a reported 8.5m a year. Not many clubs pay more.

I can't see many proven managers doing well here. This team is on the verge of needing rebuilding. But done smartly and with limited funds.

Who can work with Levy and build a team and squad capable of challenging for trophies with one hand tied behind their backs in the transfer market?

Rafa has impressed me at the toon, he really has had it hard with them. How he kept them up last season with that squad I don't know. Poor poor squad.

I’m sorry Topspur, I would never take Benitez. The Reds might rate him, he won a champions league on penalties and every time their gk came off his line and the ref never stopped it. I see no evidence that he’s any good at Newcastle. Besides, we need to show great support for our manager and demand the club keep him. I don’t think Pochettino is the type to be disloyal, I think he’s been pretty straight up with us so far.

We have a magnificent Stadium, the clubs facilities are second to none.
I say make the guy as comfortable as we can. Pay him well, buy him players, cream cakes, whatever....:cheers: drink up Mauricio my man, have another Jag.......

That is indeed a rumour I've seen but a few itks have dismissed it saying Poch and MItchell aren't even on particularly good terms. Not like he did a great job while he was here, he identified targets like Zaha that anyone who has watched PL football in last 5 years could have identified, and kicked off when he wasn't backed with money we didn't have to spend if reports are correct.

Also the papers that are citing Mitchell being a draw for Poch are linking him to signings that had little to do with him and even some that were here before he was.

He was in your top 3 but 1st choice? :hmmm:
Yes. Precisely because of Levy and MP’s humility at the time.j

LVG I couldn’t stand and De Boer had a big mouth. Benitez was my 2nd choice.

At what point did you decide against De Boer? Apologies if you did want Poch but that would have been a big shout at the time!

I'd drunk the LVG kool aid about working with young players & his winning track record to think he would be great. I also liked the idea of FDB bringing a new backroom staff to sort out our scouting & youth coaching.

I wasn't against Poch by any means, but he wasn't the outstanding candidate on paper. Wouldn't swap him for a manager in the world now personally, still hope we don't have to this summer.

Yes. Precisely because of Levy and MP’s humility at the time.j

LVG I couldn’t stand and De Boer had a big mouth. Benitez was my 2nd choice.

I remember at the time we agreed Poch was the right choice for the simple reason he knew how to handle Levy.

To be honest that hasn't changed now either. Sadly I think he will go this summer.

So very true.......Poch inherited a squad that had Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Rose, Dembele, Eriksen, Lamela and Kane in it. He nurtured the hell out of them and added Toby, Dier, Dele and Son. Those 12 quality players have been at the core of this project and we've only lost one, Walker, in 5 seasons. Only one other player, Wanyama, was comparable to their quality and he's made of glass.

To recreate a group of players with that quality is going to be very tough. Some like Sanchez and Winks are doing just fine, but I'm feeling like we're gonna need 5 or 6 more of the quality of the above list of players to get stay as competitive though. Whilst understanding the positive implications of the long term model, not sure that can happen in the short/mid term.

The only twist I see is Eriksen leaving for mega-bucks and Poch managing to maintain the sum of the parts performances with some quality additions and trimming elsewhere.
On the frankly depressing and reaI posibility that we lose Ericksen we should move heaven and earth to get Bruno Fernandes of Sporting. If you're not familiar with the player have a hunt round for footage he is as close as we could afford Kai Havertz looks to be out of or price point.

On the frankly depressing and reaI posibility that we lose Ericksen we should move heaven and earth to get Bruno Fernandes of Sporting. If you're not familiar with the player have a hunt round for footage he is as close as we could afford Kai Havertz looks to be out of or price point.

Sadly, for us (although we should almost celebrate what we've turned him into) he is being offered a place in the Sun, and vast sums of money we just can't compete with.

we will lose him, we just have to hope that this time if we get what I've previously suggested he's worth, we need to invest it and not make the mistakes we did with the Bale money.

Sadly, for us (although we should almost celebrate what we've turned him into) he is being offered a place in the Sun, and vast sums of money we just can't compete with.

we will lose him, we just have to hope that this time if we get what I've previously suggested he's worth, we need to invest it and not make the mistakes we did with the Bale money.

Someone just pointed out that Bale had just signed a new bumper contract with us before RM came in forcing his value up. Eriksen is doing a Toby and letting his run down so Spurs have less clout in the negotiations.

Someone just pointed out that Bale had just signed a new bumper contract with us before RM came in forcing his value up. Eriksen is doing a Toby and letting his run down so Spurs have less clout in the negotiations.

It really makes little difference - if he doesn't sign, we'll push create a Danish auction...