Are we carrying too many injured players? | Vital Football

Are we carrying too many injured players?

O'Connor was on the bench and Hesketh had his first full week of training last week, no? Bostwick picked up a knock, no biggy.

So, no, I don't think we are.

Certainly we are. Coker not fit and signed. Hesketh not fit and signed. The sooner frecklington contract is up the better releasing a massive wage. I blame Cowley for what happened to Pett. Clearly he was not fit to,play against Stoke when he broke down after 5 minutes.

If O’Connor is fit? Why didn’t he come on yesterday? Bostwick missing for last two and half matches. Hesketh & Coker signed when injured.

I presume he's getting some kind of remuneration but i'm not sure what he would have gained by lying?

"We don't have any money."

[Signs player]

"Yeah we're not paying him."

If O’Connor is fit? Why didn’t he come on yesterday? Bostwick missing for last two and half matches. Hesketh & Coker signed when injured.
Just because he's fit, it doesn't mean he has to come on. Just because he doesn't come on, it doesn't mean he isn't fit...

Certainly we are. Coker not fit and signed. Hesketh not fit and signed. The sooner frecklington contract is up the better releasing a massive wage. I blame Cowley for what happened to Pett. Clearly he was not fit to,play against Stoke when he broke down after 5 minutes.
Wasn't Pett injured in a challenge?

But we signed other players too, Coker for example, and he didn't feel the need to say that about him?

Coker had been around the squad for weeks. At the time Lewis signed the talk was all poverty and free loans.

Coker had been around the squad for weeks. At the time Lewis signed the talk was all poverty and free loans.

Another one

Cowley to makepeace
I have not had any contact with Sheffield Wednesday.

Makepeace to Cowley
How about Huddersfield

Cowley to makepeace
Keep asking the same questions and I will give you the same answer.

I think the truth of the matter is we are bankrolled. Initially out of clubs on funds then more latterly by the success we have had. The cowleys have been well financed.

Several things seem strange. I suppose some decisions on injured signings were taken when we had the luxury of being top and so we would have time on our side to get them fit.
But to keep on playing the same players when we aren't playing some of the squad at all during this losing streak isn't right to me.
Also the in-balance of position in the squad.
New manager now and we all hope he will stop the rot.
7 losses in 9 isn't a blip and i think we need to prepare ourselves for more to come.
I would change the keeper for the next few games. Both of our keepers were a bit suspect last season and only Gilks coming in showed us what a good keeper looks like. Put Smith in for a few games now, he deserves a chance.
We were playing a 4-4 -1-1 formation last 2 games under McCombe and i think we need to have an experienced defensive midfielder to protect the back 4. What we have at the moment isnt doing that. Woodyard would have been the perfect player, but O'Connor is sitting on the bench, he needs to come in now.
Idea's about play-offs and going up need to be forgotten now. It's about steadying the ship and getting us fighting and battling like we did in the 2nd half against Rochdale and hopefully we can get a few results.
Blackpool, Peterborough and Sunderland coming up, gulp.