Are things looking up ? | Vital Football

Are things looking up ?

Old Red Fart

Vital Champions League
There seems to have been much criticism of AK recently even though our league position has not been too bad. His style is never going to suit all of us but if it ends up with promotion some of our views might change just a bit.

I got up early this morning to get the result and was not really surprised, that's the way this league seems to go. And we played well, and against the league leaders, and we're in the top 6, and Derby are below us.

What more do we want ?

Even though things might change, at the moment I'M HAPPY.

:party:

only a clown could slag the manager after losing one game all season, simple as that. We all get frustrated and have our opinions on players but we are years ahead of where we have been for years after just 6 months of Karanka whichever way we see it

There seems to have been much criticism of AK recently even though our league position has not been too bad. His style is never going to suit all of us but if it ends up with promotion some of our views might change just a bit.

I got up early this morning to get the result and was not really surprised, that's the way this league seems to go. And we played well, and against the league leaders, and we're in the top 6, and Derby are below us.

What more do we want ?

Even though things might change, at the moment I'M HAPPY.

:party:
I agree with CP

This is what patience is meant to look like.

Wednesday was unacceptable.

Yesterday was a real stand out performance and a result to make those above us take notice.

Every promotion chasing club in the division would love to have a 2-0 at the Riverside already in the bag.

Our current run of fixtures is a nightmare but will tell us how competitive we are:

Boro (A)
Norwich (H)
Bolton (A)
Leeds (A)
Burton (A)
Sheffield Utd (H)
Preston (H)
Derby (A)
QPR (H)
Norwich (A)- this one on boxing day

We have one home banker and one away game outside the top ten there. Even Preston will be tough as they are likely in a false position.

However, at the end of that we'll have played several of the likely top sides away, with only a trip to the Hawthorns still to worry about.

In addition, only Bolton are going to play the sort of game we have struggled with from the likes of Blackburn, Rotherham and Milwall

Things have been looking up since the summer.

Since we realised they were getting rid of the shite and effectively bringing in new players to replace all but two of the squad.

We have a good season to look forward to...with ups and downs along the way.

Last edited:
For all our frustrations with individual players, team selections, formations and tactics and lacklustre performances the reality is we are a long way from where we have been the last few years.

This is a team and squad in transition after a massive overhaul. It was always going to take time.

AK has needed and still needs to fully understand his squad and learn from his mistakes and fans and the board need to have patience with that.

No idea where we will end the season but I am 100% sure it will be the top half of the league which is good enough for me at this stage of proceedings.

I think Wednesday was just one of those horror shows...had it continued and we played like that then it would have been problematic but it seems they’ve had a chat and came out fighting at Boro

It’s a tough league and there are some strong teams, we just gotta keep grinding

We are doing very well. Very optimistic indeed and we still haven't seen our two new central midfield signings. I still think we are an excellent left back away from a very good team for this division.

A Lb is a mist in January also another CF someone with pace who likes to play on the shoulder. Id like to see someone like Ollie Watkins he has started to find his feet this season . WBA got Gayle and that can be the difference between automatic and play offs .

I fully expect us to follow up this win with an uninspiring draw at home to Norwich. It's what we do.

Wednesday was an awful performance but we still didn't get beat and came extremely close to winning.
I'm pretty sure we'd have got turned over in recent seasons performing like that.
We'll no doubt have more poor showings now and then as the season rolls on but i'm still convinced we'll be one of the teams that finishes the season stronger.
Our squad depth will be key over the 46 games.

A Lb is a mist in January also another CF someone with pace who likes to play on the shoulder. Id like to see someone like Ollie Watkins he has started to find his feet this season . WBA got Gayle and that can be the difference between automatic and play offs .

Maybe Foggia have a decent left back we can get rolling in ?

Great to see us in the top six. You don't win any prizes in the league for twelve games though. We need to keep it up all season, and hopefully improve on where we are now. We have had plenty of false dawns before!

We are hard to beat, even playing badly we aren't losing just need to see out bad games when we manage to grab a lead. Not going into games now with the feeling we are going to fail to create anything and just gift a couple of stupid goals, there seems to be a real team spirit as well. The Portuguese lads are settling in and are starting to adapt to physical side of the game, we've cover in most positions and decent cover. Positivity is definitely creeping in but it's still early, get to January in the top 8 and see if we don't add a bit more firepower and patch up any gaps from injuries we maybe in for an actual promotion push.

I m the cautious one here...a game at a time ...a break at a time...if we manage to remain in the top six for the next break that would be superb as i expect that the table will start stretching by then...another similar number of points in the next 5 league games nd we will go for an interesting December..

A week ago, we all would have accepted 4 points from the games against Millwall & Borough. 4 points we got, but not in the way we expected it - it's the same difference except at home we want to see us win and win in a manner of playing good football. The only pity is, our win at Borough was only witnessed by the odd 12/14 hundred or so.

There's a saying in football "You can only play what's in front of you" and because we have always been a footballing side (that likes to play the game in the proper manner) we are always going to get teams coming to the CG and try to knock us out of our stride - Warnock has been doing it for years.

We always play well against any team that wants to play FOOTBALL!!! but when it comes to the physical & long ball stuff, fans think we are not good enough and that's because we haven't got the players to deal with it. Our players train and practice their football skills which we all want to come and see.

Your Cardiff's - Sheff Utd. - QPR & Crystal Palace etc. all under Warnock only need to train two days a week. 1st. day - the physical bullying & thuggery - 2nd. day - punting the ball out of their own half into the oppositions!!!! To compete we need to adopt their tactics but unfortunately we haven't got the players for that so we deal with it the best we can.

Do we want to pay our money to see us play like some of our competitors - day in day out with very little entertainment - I'm not sure I do. Yes, we may have to toughen up, especially the Portuguese lads but only to take the knocks etc. because I want to see their skills on the ball like most of you do but other teams will want to kick them to knock them off of their game so let's give a little slack when we face the sides that come and get their point/s by beating us up or by playing kick & rush schoolboy football.

Last edited: