Are Our Expectations Out Of Whack To Villa's Reality? | Vital Football

Are Our Expectations Out Of Whack To Villa's Reality?

VitalFootballAdmin

Vital Squad Member
Staff member
Stennyvilla asks if our expectations are out of whack to the reality at the club?

<br><br><a href ="http://www.vitalfootball.co.uk/router.asp?7524117">Click here to read the article</a><br><br>

"Aston Villa FC are very good at defying our expectations..."

They certainly are Stenny! Therein lies the problem. If you look up 'false dawn' in the dictionary, you'll find a picture of the Villa badge. Just when we think a corner has been turned, they mess it up. I do wonder if we have expectations any more, rather than just hope and blind faith?

Our reality is that we are (at best) an above average Championship side, and I don't think that's what many of us expected. As things stand, I think we'd all settle for promotion and re-establishing ourselves in the top flight over the next couple of seasons.

Well I look at some of the clubs in the Premiership and think how the hell are they there while Villa are in the championship.

Whilst the heady days of top six are out of the question for a while, a club of our size should at least be in the top half of of premiership.

When I get in the ground today I go in hope more than expectancy and it's been like that for years , even under MON we didn't win that many home games or play that well many times .
As for the Polls on here a hell of a lot of votes are what we'd like to happen ie win or are a reaction to the last game .
Let's be honest we have Barnsley at Villa Park , we should murder them with our multi million pound players but I wouldn't put my last fiver on it .

In saying all this if we were playing Watford Bournemouth Huddersfield or any of the other Mickey Mouse 12 clubs in the top flight at VP I'd see us as the bigger club as would most of the football world not just Villa fans

Villasince63 - 20/1/2018 09:14

Well I look at some of the clubs in the Premiership and think how the hell are they there while Villa are in the championship.

Whilst the heady days of top six are out of the question for a while, a club of our size should at least be in the top half of of premiership.

Same.

For an awful long time it's been not so much about the players we've got as to whether the team we put out clicks as a team. Until very recently the answer has been generally no, even when we've won. Over the last few matches we've started to click. It's not just the way the team plays, it's the way players such as Bjarnason, Elphick and Hogan have come into the side and started to look much better players.

So the performances now are looking like what we've been expecting, and I think should have been expecting. That isn't expecting too much.