Anyone seen this yet? | Vital Football

Anyone seen this yet?

Even on the very rare occasions that Farage has a decent point to make (it does happen occasionally, although this wasn't one of those occasions), it gets lost, drowned out by the overwhelming impression that the man really is a complete and utter tool.

"What I would like to see is a grown-up and sensible attitude to how we negotiate a different relationship. Now, I know that virtually none of you have ever done a proper job in your lives"

Really nailing that grown-up and sensible attitude there, Nigel :83:

A good test of a person's decency and integrity is the ability to win with grace and lose with dignity. Farage doesn't even come close .

Also, just like so much else of this wretched idiot's putrid rhetoric, the BBC conclusively proved that his point about other MEPs not ever having had a job, was wrong.

Whilst I agree that he is a tool. I, as someone who has no time or respect for EU institutions, thought it was very funny. It's not the nobodies in the EU parliament that we need to appease and hopefully Farage won't be doing any of the negotiating or appeasing, it's the proper EU leaders that we'll need to convince and work with.

From what I saw yesterday, everything I thought was reaffirmed - Farage is a knob, however the behaviour of others within the various Brussels institutions - including its unelected president - was just as wretched and these are institutions I am glad we'll be rid of.

The man is an embarrassment to any one living or working overseas. A number of people have stopped me this morning, appalled by his crass arrogance. The question they all have is "how could this Neanderthal become an MEP"

Considering the verbal he was getting before the chairman allowed him to speak, he clearly put this in as a little wind up and up to the time the humourless chairman interrupted him he had received a lot of laughs and there were many smiling faces.
Another reason to come out - literal translation does not necessarily translate meaning and intent.
Hopefully exit negotiations will not be hampered by poor translation.

Razorpound - 30/6/2016 06:56

Considering the verbal he was getting before the chairman allowed him to speak, he clearly put this in as a little wind up and up to the time the humourless chairman interrupted him he had received a lot of laughs and there were many smiling faces.
Another reason to come out - literal translation does not necessarily translate meaning and intent.
Hopefully exit negotiations will not be hampered by poor translation.

Spot on. Whilst Farage did come across as ungracious and obnoxious, there was an element of him playing up to the equally ungracious and bias comments from the EU President and followed up by a dig from the speaker. Obviously, the remainers and/or liberal left have focused on Farage, but have conveniently forgot to mention the behaviour of EU officials yesterday (and generally). In fact, the President and Speaker at the Europran Parliament are a lot worse then him as they are supposed to be independent and some of the most senior officials in the EU whereas Farage is a small player and unashamably an MEP with an agenda. Surprised Farage wasn't quick enough, when asked by Jean-Claude ****** "what are you doing here?" Didn't respond with "I've been democratically elected to be here, unlike you!"

Whilst he is a bit obnoxious, overall, for me, rubbing it in to a pointless bunch of bureaucrats (of which he is one) was overall funny and merit worthy

:7: :7:

Yep - maybe I lack class, and I'm not saying I agree with his politics, but I'd be doing exactly the same if I were Farrage. He's fought a 20 year battle against the EU. During that time he will have had many many more snide comments and people thinking he's going mad. Well he was totally vindicated last week and I have no surprise he's keen to shove it down the throats of those who have no doubt spent the last 20 years mocking him.

I did not vote leave, but I fully accept he's got the right to be very happy and make a point about winning now.

Can you imagine if there was a commotion in the commons from say Labour, and the speaker turned round and asked for quiet and said that they were behaving like the SNP, what sort of controversy there'd be and rightly so. Imagine he'd be out of that job pretty soon. The fact that that happened in the European Parliament yesterday and not an eyelid was batted pretty much sums up the way operates and demonstrates why we're best out of it.