Anyone see this? | Vital Football

Anyone see this?

Lemmi

Vital Squad Member
http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/30/portsmouth-pensioners-locked-in-a-nightclub-by-police-before-their-teams-final-game-of-the-season-3707317/?

I can't believe they did this. So that's why the FEVER thread was started, it was a trap. I wonder if the Chief Constable has shares in the place! Was it 70s themed day in the club? Because that's what the police's attitude was.

Wow!

What can you say to that?

As if Pompey fans were going to cause loads of trouble at Shrewsbury? What an afront to your human rights?

I agreed with the Saints bubble because every time we play Saints we have loads of problems, and what's more, people buying tickets knew they would be going into a bubble.

I assume this came as a massive surprise to those who turned up at the train station?

I went by car - and glad I did.

I would have been majorly pissed off if I had been marched to a dodgy nightclub & not permitted to go anywhere else.

There should be a law against this sort of thing!

Disagree FACT.

If that's the way I would be treated at an away game, I simply wouldn't go.

Agree Tim thought police presence totally over the top, made a funnel that you had to walk through to get in, they looked totally embarrassed at the end when they lined up and had nothing to do, I hope it didn't cost Shrewsbury too much as their stewards showed how it can be done, with a smile on their faces and asking people to move rather than pushing them along.

I fear that we may have to become used to this. There are clubs in Div 2 who have no experience of how to handle the numbers we will potentially take away (if tickets are made available) and the local police simply won't "risk" things getting out of hand. I fully expect a massive police presence and severe restrictions being placed on our movements. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but.............................

Maybe Shrewsbury Constabulary had been mean with the overtime lately so used this as as excuse to give the coppers some. :9: :9:

Personally I think it would be great. Not expensive and would allow cheaper entrance for those that choose it as it does in Germany. Probably wouldn't do it myself but would give people the option.

Undoubtedly makes for a better atmosphere.