Anyone here admit to being a racist? | Vital Football

Anyone here admit to being a racist?

I am racist against Arse fans I must admit...but it does not matter what race colour creed they are, it is who they support that counts. Orrible arrogant bunch so they are..............emigrated across the Thames years ago....authorities never stopped the flood hence allowing thern to make the crossing of the Thames (despite the risk to life) ........economic migrants from the shitty South of the River ha ha

I don't like to boast but I competed in many inter-school athletic comps and was the South-East London 100 yards champion at Lewisham back in the sixties. Does that make me a racist?

But on a more realistic note .... given England's colonisation history, the effect of which still haunts millions of people across the globe today, why wouldn't England be considered racist. It takes time to lose that kind of reputation.

The world is less racist than it was and is getting better. A distance to go but building wealth across all ethnicities is changing that faster than anything.

If you want to really understand racism look at immigration policy.

The trouble is if you get pissed off with a say white player or person nothing is said, now if you do the same towards a non-white your a racist, how does that work?

Remember all white people are racist, sorry doesn't work for me!
Religion n ethneticity comes into play, way more racism there.

The hardest part about racism is an inherent bigotry or bias that forms as part of our identity, where we grow up and who else we respect that forms this view of the world.

My brother, for example grew up very fearful of certain ethnic minority groups because he was viciously assaulted and the victim of several muggings as young child in the 80s. This was the community that he grew up in, and unfortunately it shaped his opinions as he grew older.

As we moved away from the area, he
became older and the muggings stopped, he stopped mentioning this particular ethnicity hatefully.

Would I call him a racist? No, I would say that he was looking through the lense of a scared child.

I've been extremely fortunate to travel & work with a number of folks from all over the globe. Rarely have i met more agreeable or open minded people. Compared to one of my neighbours (born & bred here) & who is nothing short of a complete **** , i'd say i really have been extremely fortunate.

Being from Carlisle we live a sheltered existance up here. Truth be told growing up we were probably 20 years at least behind the rest of the country with regards to social integration.

Examples i can remember

**** Stu - The only Pakistani family in the entire City. Had the Dannys Discount store and Stu was their son. I hung around with him a bit as a kid and it was just how he was addressed. Am i racist? Was i aware of what i was doing? That kid and his family must have had huge mental strength imo.

School - I cannot remember a single non white person. We had a girl in our class who was darker skinned but she was white english. She got plenty of abuse simply for being slightly off white......

Me - I was born in Zambia. I am white British. I got dogs abuse for years being called Zambo (I didnt like it). Whenever there was a dissagreement it raised its head. Trust me it was not even remotely like what the other examples experienced, however it at least means i should have been more aware. Not sure i was.

Football - I played against my first ever black player when i was 21 when we were playing Newcastle university who had some boys from Newcastle United on their books. Thats a pretty bad showing for society to be so sheltered. I would say thats about 1996. I HAVE NEVER played football with a black team mate.

Carlisle is slowly catching up with the rest of the country but we live a rather sheltered way of life up here and i dont know why.

Me, I have served n worked alongside so many different cultures in the time I was doing my Military Service, no probs with any of them, the word racist never ever reared its ugly head, that was back in the 70's n 80's, but now Jesus Fcuking Wept.

My spotter of 6 years, a great oppo and still is, was an East End lad, only shame he was a Wham fan lol!, of Jamaican origin, what a crack he was, we needed each other to watch our backs.

To understand how racism works, it helps to be non-white and part of a minority group. I have never been a victim of racism. I have four children. My two eldest are white (son and daughter) and have never encountered racism aimed at them. My two youngest (daughters) are lightly coloured and have always encountered racism of varying degrees .... albeit not severe and usually subtle. Being younger, female and attractive, did not help them. It was the same for my non-white friends and relatives.

So sounds like being woke is a good thing then?
lol... don't get me started. I literally cringe at the Virgin Airlines ad. A company owned by a white male & which is still used predominantly by white males. Pretty odd not to see one in their ad campaign then.

Life has a pretty simple set of rules. Right or wrong. There is no grey area.

lol... don't get me started. I literally cringe at the Virgin Airlines ad. A company owned by a white male & which is still used predominantly by white males. Pretty odd not to see one in their ad campaign then.

The problem with that, Steve, is that people make the rules, and people change the rules. That makes everything a grey area.

Pretty normal in advertisements now, straight white people are disproportionately under represented in the name of political correctness.