Anyone done an 'is Steve Avery' innocent thread yet? | Vital Football

Anyone done an 'is Steve Avery' innocent thread yet?

lewis1980

Vital Squad Member
Watched 'making a murderer' yet?

I've binge watched the series.

The fella was locked up for 20 years for a crime he didn't commit. Puts in a law suit against the county for $38million then low and behold is banged up again by some dodgy policing.

Now, for me the jury is still out. He may have done it but some of the evidence is very suspicious.

I came away from the series feeling extremely angry at the way he'd been treated but have since done some research - I do that, I'm a geek like that - and now I'm on the fence.

A big time injustice lawyer has took the case on now that he's exasperated all his options so I expect we'll be hearing a lot more about the case over the next couple of years.

What made me angrier was the treatment of his Nephew, also sentenced. He's pretty low on the IQ scale, about 73 and the show made it look like he was coerced into a confession. I've since read his full statement and am now unsure as to his guilt.

Anyone else seen it?

Seen it being talked about but dont' think on here, more facebook.

Not got to see it yet but certainly from what everyone is saying it looked like a gross miscarriage of justice. Interesting from what you say that you are on the fence. Some do just take what is fed to them though don't they whereas like you say, you did further research!

Yes, always do. I was a little concerned that after locking him up for 20 years for a crime he didn't commit they'd have not made damned sure he was guilty if they were going to charge him for another murder.

The footage was filmed over 10 years and o feel the producers became a little bias, there is some evidence left out for various reasons which might have swung the audience but they felt didn't add anything.

It's definitely worth a watch, there isn't much else like it on TV but I'd suggest looking deeper after if anyone wants a more balanced view of the case.

I was really infuriated by the treatment of his Nephew Brennan Dassey, his own defence team seemed to coerce a false confession from him but when you read his full transcripts, you get a different picture.

Others may have a different view though.

It is addictive viewing.

*SPOILER ALERT*
I have also binge watched it Lewis, brilliant series. I'm so glad the Prosecuting lawyer (Ken Kartz) got done for harassing a victim from a different case he was working on, he was a right smarmy ****! My opinion is that the Wisconsin police are corrupt, and the case should be re-opened asap as there is enough reasonable doubt (lack of DNA, the blood sampled by the FBI too quickly to get a result, bones moved, keys suddenly appearing after SEVEN searches, car found after 20 mins on the size of that scrap yard (it would put Taronis to shame), no witnesses (well, those that aren't as thick as two short planks, sorry, but that guy, Steve Averys nephew, makes Forrest Gump seem like a genius, he really irritated me). The jurors at the start were 7 for innocent, 2 guilty and 3 undecided, and the two convinced the others to find him guilty. It smells all too fishy for my liking.
Once I saw the blood sample with a syringe piercing in it to 'plant' the blood in the car, that was it for me, I thought he was innocent. The series was a bit biased, but it is one of the best real-life dramas since OJ.

I presume we can talk freely about this then?

True that the show was biased Kojak, but it SHOULD have been biased anyway, because the whole thing is ridiculous.

After ruining 18 years of his life for something he didn't do, and while he's attempting to squeeze $36m out of Manitowoc County and several county officials in a civil lawsuit, Steven Avery then has the genius idea to go and torture and kill a woman with his dumbass nephew. How convenient for Manitowoc County!!

In fact every piece of evidence to convict him was hugely convenient wasn't it? As well as the 7 jurors who magically had their minds changed for some reason. Add to that, the most mentally challenged person I have ever seen, Brendan Dassey, making statements all over the place, and just letting those 2 creepy detectives put whatever story they wanted into his head to use as evidence.

I'm also glad that Ken Kratz got done, he's the creepiest, smarmiest piece of shit I've ever seen. I've done some research after too, but nothing really can change my mind because the amount of bullshit that's right there in front of your face, can't be dismissed

Yes, I'm definitely thinking most of the evidence was planted and even his own family were doing their best to get him banged up. But I still have a feeling he did it.

Brendan Dassey's statement to his lawyer's investigator plays out completely differently to how its depicted in the series and the evidence left out may have swayed my mind about Avery to some degree.

But Christ, I feel sorry for his parents, they've really been through the mill. If he is innocent - and I think he'll get off if he is or isn't because of police corruption - the county are going to be bankrupt.

As if 1 20 year sentence for a crime you didn't commit wasn't enough, a second term is unthinkable.

There are others in the frame for me - how the hell did the brother and ex-boyfriend know her passwords?

And what the hell was Bobby Dassey lieing for?

It's all really weird.

I am gonna look this up after on BBCiplayer,,,,i am now intrigued

Get 'soaked in bleach ' up too then. Best doc ever. Courtney Love should be behind bars, and not just for having a face like a rancid skip rat's pile of vomit.

lewis1980 - 31/1/2016 19:57

There are others in the frame for me - how the hell did the brother and ex-boyfriend know her passwords?

That was weird. And I also thought it was very odd, although just a very small thing, when the ex-boyfriend was asked about the last time he saw Theresa.

He went to her house to drop something over to her flatmate, and when was asked what time that was, he didn't know. When asked "well was it daytime or night-time?" again, "uh, I can't remember". How can someone not remember whether it was light or dark?

Stephen Jay Hawkings - 31/1/2016 23:06

lewis1980 - 31/1/2016 19:57

That was weird. And I also thought it was very odd, although just a very small thing, when the ex-boyfriend was asked about the last time he saw Theresa.

He went to her house to drop something over to her flatmate, and when was asked what time that was, he didn't know. When asked "well was it daytime or night-time?" again, "uh, I can't remember". How can someone not remember whether it was light or dark?

Yes I know, you'd at least be able to give a ball park figure. And the house mate could have confirmed.

Smug git if you ask me. It was like he was laughing through the whole thing, led the search and pointed the woman towards the cars and gave her a camera. He knew it was there.