Anyone buying this ? | Page 4 | Vital Football

Anyone buying this ?

Problem is the fat **** has worked out that a yo yo team is as good as a established top flight team, mid table. Get relegated, sell "best" players, couple of wins in Championship, ground full again, repeat.....

Add to that all of the publicity wrapped around a relegation, protests etc..., and he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Those in the ground, want to have a good luck in the mirror before the next home game, they have the ability to do something about it, the fact they don't, is the reason the are welcome to it.

Once again you are assuming relegation will hurt Ashley. Why would it? He won't sell anyway in my view but surely he wouldn't sell at the bottom of any valuation. Relegation doesn't hurt him really, he worked out a long time ago its easier and safer to spend a little bit and get promoted than spend a lot and maybe not get relegated.

That's assuming they get promoted. A few seasons in the championship will see him sell up.

I can see them doing a Sunderland and dropping into league one. Ashley has been a lucky prick up to now but Benitez will be away in the summer, I can't see them staying up at all. There's no "purples" in the squad they can flog for more than £20m (Maybe Lascelles but he's not that good) . The negative press about Ashley, MP's getting involved and the lack of investment at NUFC will put off any half decent manager. Which players will want to come? Anyone with ambition should avoid NUFC like the plague. It all points to some journeyman yes man in the dugout with players with even less quality than there is now.

Just on the point of there are no "purples" he can sell, in a way it doesn't really matter . The way the transfers are accounted for they can still sell poor to middling players and make a vast profit. Let's use Atsu as an example : he was bought for £6.2 million . His value is divided across the length of his contract (I'm assuming a four year deal) so 1.55 million per season. If he were sold this summer with two years remaining on his deal and divided value anything over £ 3.1 million is a profit. Also with transfer fees increasing more rapidly than my waist at all you can eat buffet if he was sold for say £10 million that's a whopping £6.9 million profit. Then you factor in the odd "purple" like Sissoko previously or say Lascelles this summer. He could be sold for at least £30 million and in his case he was bought for magic beans with Karl Darlow summer 2014 that's pure unadulterated greasy profit for the Fatman.

You also have with relegation what I call the squad reset . I'm of the belief Ashley doesn't mind relegation every few years for this reason . Sell off all profitable assets on the playing staff, get the wage bill down, use the parachute payment to rebuild at a level the rest of the Championship struggle to compete with and get back up, only you're now back in the big money league with a squad that's costing far less than most sides they're now competing with. Also if we go down this summer you have the saving on Benitez's big wages. This is just contractual and transfer savings, not accounting really for TV money, the Sports Direct advertising revenue, and the double dip of the kit and merchandising, which if it's at all like the Rangers deal (and why would it be) works out terribly for the club and really well for Ashley. The vast majority don't have a clue to how badly he really is rinsing and repeatedly rinsing us .

That's assuming they get promoted. A few seasons in the championship will see him sell up.
I think that is the least likely time he would sell up mate. A business man like him buys low and sells high, not the other way around. Like I have been saying for the last 3 or 4 years Yo Yo club is where the money is. Its the only model guaranteed not to cost money and might (does) make money. Meanwhile you get all your advertising for nowt and 52000 mugs still turn out every week. Whats not to like, unless you are a Newcastle fan of course.

Problem is the fat **** has worked out that a yo yo team is as good as a established top flight team, mid table. Get relegated, sell "best" players, couple of wins in Championship, ground full again, repeat.....

Add to that all of the publicity wrapped around a relegation, protests etc..., and he is laughing all the way to the bank.

Those in the ground, want to have a good luck in the mirror before the next home game, they have the ability to do something about it, the fact they don't, is the reason the are welcome to it.

Its actually better than an established top flight team. Cos all the cash coming in doesn't get siphoned off by players and their agents.

Just on the point of there are no "purples" he can sell, in a way it doesn't really matter . The way the transfers are accounted for they can still sell poor to middling players and make a vast profit. Let's use Atsu as an example : he was bought for £6.2 million . His value is divided across the length of his contract (I'm assuming a four year deal) so 1.55 million per season. If he were sold this summer with two years remaining on his deal and divided value anything over £ 3.1 million is a profit. Also with transfer fees increasing more rapidly than my waist at all you can eat buffet if he was sold for say £10 million that's a whopping £6.9 million profit. Then you factor in the odd "purple" like Sissoko previously or say Lascelles this summer. He could be sold for at least £30 million and in his case he was bought for magic beans with Karl Darlow summer 2014 that's pure unadulterated greasy profit for the Fatman.

You also have with relegation what I call the squad reset . I'm of the belief Ashley doesn't mind relegation every few years for this reason . Sell off all profitable assets on the playing staff, get the wage bill down, use the parachute payment to rebuild at a level the rest of the Championship struggle to compete with and get back up, only you're now back in the big money league with a squad that's costing far less than most sides they're now competing with. Also if we go down this summer you have the saving on Benitez's big wages. This is just contractual and transfer savings, not accounting really for TV money, the Sports Direct advertising revenue, and the double dip of the kit and merchandising, which if it's at all like the Rangers deal (and why would it be) works out terribly for the club and really well for Ashley. The vast majority don't have a clue to how badly he really is rinsing and repeatedly rinsing us .
I couldn't have put it better myself.