Anyone around? | Vital Football

Anyone around?

Pompeytim

Vital 1st Team Regular
Hi guys,

For some reason Vital Pompey popped into my head today and thought I'd stick my head in & say Hi.

I see Corny is still around occasionally and Matt, which is great to see.

Does anyone else still check in on here?

Hope everyone is well, and know that I'm still watching the Blues, but currently from the West Coast of the USA. So I never get a lie in on a Saturday morning these days!

Tim

Hi Tim.. its really great to hear from you, although my reply is a little late. Sorry.

Yes.. sadly its only Matt and myself that poke our heads in here occasionally nowadays.

Although I never say never, the days that this forum was the place to go for what was quite a close group of Pompey fans has departed into the mists of time sadly. Replaced by the likes of Facebook and Twitter. I signed up for the Twitter thing, but nah.. its not for me. I don't like the format, and it seems pretty soulless.

If I could come up with a magic formula to resurrect this forum again I'd do it in an instant, but alas.. a forum requires a lot of people to generate a buzz. How to do it.. I don't know is the short answer.

Can't speak for Matt, but I'm well, and spend a good deal of my time in France these days. I try to keep up with Pompey the best I can, but have to admit I haven't been to Fratton for years now. Miss it though.

You must have been in the US some time now if my memory serves me right. Anyway Tim, as I said at the start of this post its great to hear from you, and good to know you're still tuning into Pompey despite the time difference..

Bye for now.. PUP PPU.. :clap::thumbup:

Wow, used to come here years ago to see what was going on, hate FB and Twitter!
Haha.. just checking my emails Matt and an alert flashed up from the forum that there'd been a reply to Pompeytim's 'anyone around' thread. Somewhat of a shock but its really great that you dropped in.

We've never met, but I remember you well from the forum, that's if your forum name was 'storagematt' then. Good times for both Pompey and the Vital Pompey forum I might add.

As you say, the years have passed, and sadly all the regulars have gone there separate ways. Its a real shame, as although it was basically an online community, I always detected quite a sense of camaraderie here. It was a very friendly-welcoming place to be, as there were some real characters who played a part in its being.

I've actually still got a folder on my laptop with lots of snippets/photo's in, and stuff that I did for Chix. I've lots of old avatar photo's too, and other stuff I used to post on the forum. Why it never got deleted I don't know..

Again.. so good that you dropped in Matt.. maybe if we can get a few more dropping in we can rise again.. haha.. cos like you I really dislike Facebook and Twitter.. soulless is the word.

All the best for now.. and roll on the new season.. Corny.. PUP - PPU.. :clap::thumbup:

I totally agree, Corny. It was a great little community on here. Sometimes we didn’t agree, but it was actually a great place to come and chat about stuff. The likes of Chix, Penton, Seajuicer and many more.

As it happens, I still love sharing a beer and chat about football with Lemmi who I met through this platform.

I wonder if people are on Pompey Twitter now? That can be so awful at times.

Are you still living in France, Corny?

Hey Tim.. its really great to hear from you.

Sorry I'm a bit late with my response, but just lately I've neglected the email address associated with Vital Pompey account that gives notice of a new post in the forum, but better late never eh!

Really pleased to hear that you're pals with Lemmi.. a positive outcome indeed. Unfortunately, even though I made the trip to Fratton as often as I could while writing on the forum I never got to meet anybody. A shame really, as I did feel that I knew quite a few of the characters.. albeit over the ether..

It is strange, but although I still write on various forums to do with music and sailing, I often look back to the time this forum was thriving. No, you're right we didn't always agree, but there was definitely a togetherness as Pompey fans that I'm sure everybody felt. I certainly appreciated it living down in Cornwall, and not being able to get to as many games as I would have liked to. Made me feel still part of the action.

Re France.. still officially resident, but spending less time there for various reasons, bureaucracy, finances.. but mainly because I have grandchildren now, and I miss the little terrors when I'm away.. haha..

Again.. great to hear from you Tim.. and despite us all traveling different paths these days, one things for sure we're still diehard Pompey fans.

Look after yourself.. and Play Up Pompey eh.. :thumbup::clap:

Last edited:
I just decided to pop in today and see what was going on.
I messaged Tim earlier to wish the 49ers luck in the Super Bowl but that didn't turn out too well.

Off to the Cambridge game tomorrow, hopefully get a result and Wycombe , Port Vale and Exeter do us a favour.

I just decided to pop in today and see what was going on.
I messaged Tim earlier to wish the 49ers luck in the Super Bowl but that didn't turn out too well.

Off to the Cambridge game tomorrow, hopefully get a result and Wycombe , Port Vale and Exeter do us a favour.
Heh.. good on yah Lemmi.. nice you've dropped in.

I do so wish that I could be at Fratton tomorrow evening.. its so long since I visited the old gal! Good to know you'll be there though, and like you I'm hoping for a result and some favours I'm starting to get 'mildly' optimistic about promotion.. but we've all been there before.. so will say nothing more.

By the way.. as an aside.. you really must give up smoking that pipe.. great for the lungs but wears your gnashers down.. :grinning:<haha

It's bogging it down here, hopefully won't get too wet. Fortunately I've managed to get a ticket for the club car park.

Clenching my teeth on the pipe helps when watching the news!

I knew you were made of stern stuff Lemmi..

I'm there with you in spirit mate.. and I'll no doubt be chewing something.. probably a table leg.. PUP :grinning:

I pop in now and again but busy on other things such as Pompey History Society website https://pompeyhistory.org/ and a tour guide at Fratton Park both before games and during school holidays.

Had some real fun a couple of weeks ago showing the kids from the Walsall Academy around the Park - 45 of them - they were more interested in who I had seen play that the history of PFC. When I told them that Jude Bellingham had made his Birmingham debut they got very excited.

Hard work but real fun.

PUP