Any Trekkies out there ??? | Vital Football

Any Trekkies out there ???

Nobby_66

Vital Football Hero
Don't normally start tv threads but......

New series, Star Trek Picard.......

Anyone following it.........?

Wow, just wow 😲

Perhaps somewhat strangely. Patrick Stewart went to Calder Higher school he acted in a school plays called "Hiss the Villain" and "Harlequins Drumstick".Along side another of Britain's finest actors.Brian Blessed.

I am a real trekkie so obviouslycannot watch anything except the real (original) Star Trek, everything else sucks lol.
Each franchise is quite different to the others, TNG was my favourite until the JJ Abrahams version came along, Chris Pine is a brilliant Kirk, Quinto an excellent Spock. This new series could easily become one of the best, the quality of acting itself makes it worth a watch.
Edit. I will admit that Discovery did "suck" a bit, not a true Trek IMO.

Never really been a huge fan of Star Trek but of all of them I dislike the next generation the most, interesting that so many others rated it. The borg stories were quite good (or was that just 7 of 9 that spiked my interest?).

Problem with Sci-fi is that nothing comes even close to the remake of Battlestar Gallactica. The writers behind that re-imagined it perfectly. It had some really dark parts to it which showed the flaws in humanity perfectly. If anyone hasn't seen that series then you are really missing out. I'll make the claim that its the best sci-fi series ever and that's not just down to Caprica 6 either !

I am a real trekkie so obviouslycannot watch anything except the real (original) Star Trek, everything else sucks lol.
I've been watching the original series on freeview channel 70. Great.

Actually, also liKe TNG. Stewart excellent and Troi (sp?) was fit.

I met Patrick Stewart one evening in an Italian Restaurant in Victoria. He was with a stunning blonde and I thought, "whats that baldy old man doing with crumpet like that". Then he turned around so I could see him properly and he was no longer a baldy old man; he was Jean Luc Picard.

Each franchise is quite different to the others, TNG was my favourite until the JJ Abrahams version came along, Chris Pine is a brilliant Kirk, Quinto an excellent Spock. This new series could easily become one of the best, the quality of acting itself makes it worth a watch.
Edit. I will admit that Discovery did "suck" a bit, not a true Trek IMO.

Agree that Chris Pine is a brilliant Kirk and Karl-Heinz Urban is excellent as Bones (helps that he lloved the original bones character). Took JJ a while to realise that the show was a bromance between the thee main characters which just happens to be in space. The original series episodes were individually written by actual Sci fi authors and advanced many social issues so much that they had many death threats.