Any Thoughts On The England Kit/Nike Row? | Vital Football

Any Thoughts On The England Kit/Nike Row?

Very expensive. The Nike/FA explanation for the 'playful' change to the cross is in my opinion simply an untruth. The change was made quite deliberately because the red Cross of St George is associated with English nationalism.

From the day that Don Revie did a deal with Admiral for manufacturing the England kit, there have been various problems. Messing about with the design, size of manufacurers logos, etc. Preferred the old kits, pre-Admiral.

Barnsley's current cluttered "Rugby League" style kit looks terrible. I hope that the Millers don't copy it!

Last edited:
From the day that Don Revie did a deal with Admiral for manufacturing the England kit, there have been various problems. Messing about with the design, manufacurers logos, etc. Preferred the old kits, pre-Admiral.

Barnsley's current cluttered "Rugby League" style kit looks terrible. I hope that the Millers don't copy it!
The Barnsley abomination takes the biscuit. What are those stars about? There is not a single team imo where today's strip is better than the ones they had in the 60s and 70s.

England shirt is a rip off. Tbh, There will be good copies of that available. I know that because I always buy a fake City one !.
I was intending opening a thread in the off season asking which Millers shirt is your all time favourite. With Lindum saying no kit now compare s with those from the 60/70s I thought I would give my opinion now.
I always said our best ones were from the 90s. I kept that opinion for ages. Now it has changed. This is because I absolutely love this season's home and last season's home too. Reason ?. Is the stadium pics.
Re our away ones. That is any from the 90s.
as for other teams. City always have a nice home one. Kappa did well. Arsenal home ones good. The West Ham, Villa and Burnley Claret and blue rate highly.
Plymouth have never had a bad home shirt. I must like green !.
Go on, What are your favourite Millers and other teams shirts ?.

At first, I didn't like the Millers "Feyenoord" type kit, as worn by Mark Robins, Alan Lee, etc... then we started playing like Feyenoord in their heyday, so I was won over to liking it!
Is that the white one with the red trim, Mike? Hard to state a favourite. Hated the all-red kit of late 60s - early 70s. Wasn't sure about the Arsenal strip as my early years were all red shirts but the white sleeves have grown on me. They have all got a bit 'fussy' now and I think I prefer the simplicity of the 1970s shirts. I dont like white shoulders, stripes, diamonds, odd white stripes from neck to shoulder or strange imprinted images. Why do things have to change (money/sales/sponsorship) every season? Socks I prefer red or even white; early 'Arsenal' type kits of the 40s and 50s had hooped red/white socks which I don't like.

Yes, white with red trim - I know it's not exactly the same as Feyenoord. The old 60's shirts were more comfortable, and (thankfully) couldn't be printed on with sponsors stuff, or Barnsley-type stars and complicated logos.

Quite liked the Millers all red kit. Don't mind the white sleeve kits either.

Last edited:
Yes, white with red trim - I know it's not exactly the same as Feyenoord. The old 60's shirts were more comfortable, and (thankfully) couldn't be printed on with sponsors stuff, or Barnsley-type stars and complicated logos.

Quite liked the Millers all red kit. Don't mind the white sleeve kits either.
I first saw Feyenoord when they played Celtic in the 1970 European Cup final and painted up a Subbuteo team in their kit. Red and white shirt, black shorts. Loved it.

Celtic of course famously then had no numbers on their shirts only on the shorts. Now in Europe to comply with UEFA regs requiring numbers on a plain background Celtic use this horrible shirt with the back almost entirely white and great big numbers on - looks awful.
What do you reckon for our centenary season 2025 - a return perhaps to the 1925-30 amber and black as famously shown on the avatar of Miller4Life?

England shirt is a rip off. Tbh, There will be good copies of that available. I know that because I always buy a fake City one !.
I was intending opening a thread in the off season asking which Millers shirt is your all time favourite. With Lindum saying no kit now compare s with those from the 60/70s I thought I would give my opinion now.
I always said our best ones were from the 90s. I kept that opinion for ages. Now it has changed. This is because I absolutely love this season's home and last season's home too. Reason ?. Is the stadium pics.
Re our away ones. That is any from the 90s.
as for other teams. City always have a nice home one. Kappa did well. Arsenal home ones good. The West Ham, Villa and Burnley Claret and blue rate highly.
Plymouth have never had a bad home shirt. I must like green !.
Go on, What are your favourite Millers and other teams shirts ?.

Late 1980’s away strip.
Wore it till it fell to pieces.

IMG_0010.jpeg

Last edited: