Any loan signings this week? | Vital Football

Any loan signings this week?

GillsBluenose

Vital Football Hero
I think I am right in saying we can still make loan signings until the end of August.

Personally I think that we need another defensive midfielder, ideally a leader, to shore up our problem with space in front of the back four.

Zak and Max are clearly overworked covering for the full backs that are constantly being found out defensively.

On top of that, Bingham looks like his lack of match fitness is catching up with him and with Aaron Morris gone we do not have many other options unless Parrett can play deeper.

Does anyone else think we need to bring somebody in, particularly with Byrne and Charles-Cook now injured?

Definitely two wing backs and somebody to take Bingham's place. Best ask Durham if PS has any money for salaries.

Only if Lovell doesn't have confidence in the rest of the squad. Lacey provides defensive cover. We still have Rees to come into midfield and we have loads of strikers who are not playing regularly.

It also depends on how close are the youngsters to being first team players ? If they can step up then we have lots of cover. If they can't then loans might be needed.

It depends whats in the budget. 4,200 home fans there yesterday I would be surprised if we aren't making an operating loss. Hopefully the "add on sale" of Egan will help balance this year. The people of Kent aren't backing the side this season - so far.

If SL was confident in the current squad, they would - ahead of Nasseri on the bench. We need to recognise if they are not up to it we do not have long to get players in who are.

We have Stevenson, Nasseri, Oldaker and Chapman who may all be close and probably should be given a chance whilst first teamer midfielders are getting back to fitness.

We're much weaker at centre back though even there we have three young pro's who could take their chance.

Overall I don't think we need any loan players. Simpson has done well at left back in the preseasons and Reilly could play there if necessary.

It is clear that none of our younger players are ready to control the midfield area.That is clearly what is needed. Bingham is not 100% ready for two matches a week after such a long lay off.Lovell I am sure has plans to bring in at least one more player.Given the cover in other areas .It is possible we will need cover on the left side is another possibility.But it is that key area of defensive midfielder that we are very limited. Our full back like to get forward. Byrne showed yesterday before his injury that he is better as a attacking midfielder. Bingham is not strong enough to hold the defence together without the full support of full backs.Bother Garmston and O'Neil are better attacking than as defensive full backs.So those facts point to another addition. The way Lovell spoke of Cody in terms of not what he wanted as opposed to can't afford points to a little more money available.

I’d like us to sign one or two. Left back first, then a centre back if possible too. Yes we have Lacey in reserve, but 3 Centre backs is not really enough- what if we play 3 at the back, then there’s only someone like the relatively untried O’Mara who could offer cover on the bench.
Also Zakuani or Ehmer could pick up a ban or lengthy injury in any game, meaning we would again be short in that position.
Would be nice for the Chairman to surprise us with a couple of loans this week, he does have some of the Egan money to play with after all.

The question was put on here asking for our opinions, not SL's. You might be aware more than any of us if there is any funding available to obtain any necessary replacements.

A hint that Lovell may have a target in mind was the fact that both he and Patto were not at the Concord Rangers match.Had his budget been cleaned out it would have made some sense to be there .

I would like to sign a JCB to did that swamp of a pitch up ? what is it - 3 hamstring injuries and they wont be the last. Lovell need s to rest and rotate the squad and use his bench more. He didn't do it last year and it cost us after the Northampton game.

I would like to sign a JCB to did that swamp of a pitch up ? what is it - 3 hamstring injuries and they wont be the last. Lovell need s to rest and rotate the squad and use his bench more. He didn't do it last year and it cost us after the Northampton game.

We have reportedly had 3 hamstring injuries, if this is because of the condition of the pitch, then how come no opposition player has been effected. Neither has any manager complained about the condition of said pitch. Also if our players are not capable of playing three times in 8 days, then their fitness must be questioned. Top professional tennis players can play for 3 or4 hours every other day in tournaments, or road cyclists go continually for days in races such as the Tour De France. Tennis players might take 'rest' after every two games or so, but to say they are relaxing is rubbish Three games in eight days doesn't seem much to ask.

Last edited:
I think if Parrett and Ress had been fit a couple of our midfielders may have already had a rest.

I noticed the Under 23's won 7 - 1 against Luton yesterday. I didn't see the team but M'Bo, Chapman and H'labi all played. Without a loan singing this week or Parrett returning to fitness it may be time to see one or two of them see if they are good enough to step up

Difficult to believe that SL would not like a bigger squad, Durham. Notwithstanding that our secret weapon, Josh Rees, is waiting in the wings...

The job of a manager is not to have as many players as he can - loan players do eat into the budget and as we have found in the past have been disruptive.

When actually needed PS has always found the funds to back the manager

Obviously, Durham, i`m not advocating getting "any old" player in and, yes, I agree that PS seems to come up with timely relative funding and back managers. But sorry, even though our squad is numerically around average for L1, I cannot believe that SL would not prefer to have a wider selection choice. You don`t have to be a manager to see that in some positions we`re not currently as bouyant as we might be.

I think if Parrett and Ress had been fit a couple of our midfielders may have already had a rest.

I noticed the Under 23's won 7 - 1 against Luton yesterday. I didn't see the team but M'Bo, Chapman and H'labi all played. Without a loan singing this week or Parrett returning to fitness it may be time to see one or two of them see if they are good enough to step up
Anyone seen any other details of that Luton town game?,Given Luton have some good young players i would say this was a very impressive win.I saw that M'bo said he got one of the goals and Hlabi is claiming two.