Antonio Conte - (Sacked) Manager Thread | Page 50 | Vital Football

Antonio Conte - (Sacked) Manager Thread

Was Conte's time as head coach a success/failure?

• Success

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Failure

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Neither - just more wasted time

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
I see Conte is in the media encouraging Knae to extend his contract. I don't think he ever agreed to extend his own contract, did he? I'm sure Ex said, at the start of the window, that he was offered an extension and was close to signing it. Maybe he's waiting to see how the transfer window pans out before commiting?

Well he won't be getting a move to City OR beating Haaland to the golden boot.

So can someone tell me how Conte has improved us? We look like a exact replica of the team under Marmite an Nuno...

Utter shit

The way we are playing at the moment reminds me of us under Poch in his last full season with us.

We didn't play well all season but some how got 4th and got to a cl final. Even with losing 20 games in all competitions.

We had a better team then though.

I reckon we will draw over 10 games this season in all competitions.

We look like we are playing with the hand break on.

The way we are playing at the moment reminds me of us under Poch in his last full season with us.

We didn't play well all season but some how got 4th and got to a cl final. Even with losing 20 games in all competitions.

I disagree. It looks like we are playing around Kane.

AGAIN!

Not a shot at Kane at all. He's giving it this season.

We have no one (apart from Kane) who can cause havoc in the creativity dept - no one. We're functional team of physicality, not much else the way Conte sets us up.

We have no one (apart from Kane) who can cause havoc in the creativity dept - no one. We're functional team of physicality, not much else the way Conte sets us up.

The player you want won't fit into Contes current system.

Who does a Maddison replace for instance in a 343?

All of our best performances have been when our wing backs are chipping in with goals and assists. Until that starts happening again we will continue to look predictable and very boring to watch

Yes, and the best it looked was when we had Romero as a "quarter-back" between Doherty and Kulu down the right with Bentancur getting involved in the football. Romero seemed to be leading these guys into an offensive setup.

The question becomes how do we get that system going on both sides of the pitch? I think then you see the best of Kane which inevitably means Son benefits.

There were even some glimpses of that last night when a wavelength was appearing between Perisic and Kane. Short crisp passing and stretching the opposition with a bit of intelligence over brute force.

Yes, and the best it looked was when we had Romero as a "quarter-back" between Doherty and Kulu down the right with Bentancur getting involved in the football. Romero seemed to be leading these guys into an offensive setup.

The question becomes how do we get that system going on both sides of the pitch? I think then you see the best of Kane which inevitably means Son benefits.

There were even some glimpses of that last night when a wavelength was appearing between Perisic and Kane. Short crisp passing and stretching the opposition with a bit of intelligence over brute force.

As me and you have always said, intelligent players like playing with other intelligent individuals.

Add Romero, Lenglet, Doherty and Bentancur to that team last night, we win the match.

Romero and Lenglet would create space for our wing backs and front three with tactical forward runs. They rash other players forcing them into errors which means we can break quickly and into space.

I seem to remember Romero nicking the ball and Bentancur mopping up linking with Kane/Kulu well last season. Then Doherty would ghost down the right.

Romero and Lenglet also have better passing abilities which creates more chances.

We need to get our best players on the pitch asap.

The player you want won't fit into Contes current system.

Who does a Maddison replace for instance in a 343?

I think we went through this before, he changed his system and the character of his tactics when Ericksen was literally forced upon him and it transformed their play, people are fixated with formations - it's the fluidity of the team and their movement that makes systems work, not what pundits and fans think they see on paper...

Including Maddison in our starting 11 would be simple, it really isn't an issue.

I think we went through this before, he changed his system and the character of his tactics when Ericksen was literally forced upon him and it transformed their play, people are fixated with formations - it's the fluidity of the team and their movement that makes systems work, not what pundits and fans think they see on paper...

Including Maddison in our starting 11 would be simple, it really isn't an issue.

But 12 doesn't go into 11. So he found his Lukaku and Martinez at Inter. He also had his Eriksen, Barella and Brozovic. It was also Serie A, not the PL.

Conte isn't a massive fan of rotation and sticks with the same players. Still begs the question who are the lucky 5 and who miss out?

As me and you have always said, intelligent players like playing with other intelligent individuals.

Add Romero, Lenglet, Doherty and Bentancur to that team last night, we win the match.

Romero and Lenglet would create space for our wing backs and front three with tactical forward runs. They rash other players forcing them into errors which means we can break quickly and into space.

I seem to remember Romero nicking the ball and Bentancur mopping up linking with Kane/Kulu well last season. Then Doherty would ghost down the right.

Romero and Lenglet also have better passing abilities which creates more chances.

Agreed. We have the parts and we are in third. A good platform to move on from.

I well remember the dross served up by AVB with many on here confident that he was on the right track. We know how that ended.

Conte is fixed on his current formation. Not us the fans. The evidence there. If Maddison joined he would have to play as a LAM not a LF, which means formation change. Which I'm all for.

Believe me I'm sick to death of playing 3 CBS at the expense a 10.

Give me a 433 any day of the week.

This is my main reason I never really wanted him here. I could understand Levy is trying to get a winner to make us winner's. Conte has never worked with such a tight budget before and I honestly do not see much improvement in anyone of the team we are just hard to breakdown. Plus his superior quality complex is ridiculous. He is right always right bit sometimes he needs to be wrong and change from 3-4-3 which is really 7 -3-0 without the ball then 5-2-3 with the ball sometimes. First game there the other week and I nearly fell asleep