Another tin-pot club in trouble. | Vital Football

Another tin-pot club in trouble.

Sad as though it will be for their fans, I don't worry about their probable demise, just so long as we can take their place!!

Penazahar - 25/12/2016 17:08

Would that make 2 promotion places ? If so we could take Tranmere up with us. !!

If Morecombe fail to to finish the season, thier results will be expunged and any shortfall in numbers in L2 will be addressed next season.

Yet another shiny new stadium helping a club financially. :pointy: :pointy: Possibly the worst new stadium I have ever been too.

Stevie_imp - 26/12/2016 00:17

RobPeel - 25/12/2016 21:46

Tin pot club as no history no fanbase and not sustainable

Yes but apart from that why are they tinpot? :mop:

Their history may not be as glamourous as ours, they may not have as many fans. But to those fans that they have their history is every bit as important as ours is to us. They will have supporters every bit as committed to their club as we have. If they are tinpot they have been sustaininably tinpot in a higher tier than us for several years. For at least managing to punch above their weight for several years, they deserve some credit. It may all end in tears but I don't think we should be too harsh in our condenmnation.

Are their differing levels of "tinpot" and who decides them? Imagine a scenario where those Cowley brothers stick with Lincoln for several years and we achieve our wildest dreams and end up in The Championship. Does it become acceptable for supporters of Sheffield Wednesday, Derby, Leeds etc etc - to patronise us as "tinpot"? We're not tinpot now and we never will be...

I remember Morecambe playing 2 evening games and playing in front of 1,000 on each occassion.This was last year.I grew up with 3rd Division North and South and would like to see a return to same,travelling reduced,increased local derbies,although Morecambe might struggle on that front,they do have Blackpool but they would not be travelling to Colchester,Exeter,Yeovil, and Plymouth.

Big Jack McGinley - 26/12/2016 08:37 Their history may not be as glamourous as ours,

LCFC history glamourous? There are plenty of words that could be used to describe the Imps back pages, but glamourous, is not one I would use.

The Electric Banana - 26/12/2016 03:41

Big Jack McGinley - 26/12/2016 08:37 Their history may not be as glamourous as ours,

LCFC history glamourous? There are plenty of words that could be used to describe the Imps back pages, but glamourous, is not one I would use.

That's sort of the point I was trying to make. We are hardly in a position to be bragging about our history...

...the important thing is it is our history and therefore infinitely more important to us than anybody else's. Rather like Morecambe history to their supporters.