Another one gone | Vital Football

Another one gone

Sad, Didn't know he was 84, though, so would have been in his mid forties at their Golden Brown height.

Only Jean Jacques Burnel left now, as Hugh Cornwell left decades ago and Dave Greenfield died a couple of years ago.

Top band. First saw them at Medway College in the early 70's as basically a Doors cover band. Jet was there from the start. RIP.

Sad, Didn't know he was 84, though, so would have been in his mid forties at their Golden Brown height.

Only Jean Jacques Burnel left now, as Hugh Cornwell left decades ago and Dave Greenfield died a couple of years ago.
The Stranglers were the band that kicked started my love of Punk back in 77, with Something better change, but, despite gigging loads, I didn't see them live until Cornwalls last gig in 1990 at the Ally Pally.

Doesn't everyone know that?!

Maybe not, I suppose. It's certainly more subtle than Lou Reed's contribution to the genre...

My mum loved that song, and I always regret explaining it to her, as it spoiled it a bit, I think.

"With my mind she runs" "Never a frown" are two pretty big clues but it never got banned by Mike Read, or anything.

Mind you, neither did Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and at least Cannabis resin is not fully hallucinogenic.

RIP JB
(btw did you know that "Golden Brown" is about heroin ?)

Cool Jazz

Black and white
Blokes in ties and sporting nice haircuts
No emotions
and to cap it all
Credits in yer Actual French!

Writers and composers put their meanings into texts. What we take out is up to us. None of this 'drugs is all it is' nonsense.