Another one Gone! | Vital Football

Another one Gone!

Surprised it took so long. His one redeeming feature was that he would win trophies before completely losing the respect of his players and he doesn't even do that anymore.

Allegedly refused to take training on the back of this super league nonsense!

Seems strange with Spurs in the League Cup final at the weekend, perhaps he stood up to Levy about the Super League bollocks and he booted him.

He seems to be a busted flush, failed to move with the times.

He was quite an entertaining personality (for a football manager) while he was doing well, but is now just grumpy, whiny and annoying. Not sure his ego can take it.

Cant see any top tier team looking to pay his large wages on recent form and doubt he could swallow his pride to drop too far down the league to find work.

He was quite an entertaining personality (for a football manager) while he was doing well, but is now just grumpy, whiny and annoying. Not sure his ego can take it.

Cant see any top tier team looking to pay his large wages on recent form and doubt he could swallow his pride to drop too far down the league to find work.

Deja vu. This from 2019 on the Pochettino thread...

Mourinho has been a shit manager for a while. I used to think that he earned his arrogance when at Chelsea first time around. But now - he is no longer the ‘special one’.

Good riddance and hope he doesn't stay in England. Had his moment but increasingly poisonous as time went on. Oh yes and the football was awful.

Very strange fall from grace.

Supposedly, his coaching team were brilliant at setting up defences but Spurs were conceding goals and leads as fast as Kane could supply them.

They have lost/conceded the most leads in the PL this season (mainly due to sitting back and handing over the initiative once ahead), even though Kane and Son have the most goals for a partnership and they were one of the first teams to reach 100 goals:
'100 goals isn't bad for a negative team!' - Mourinho delighted with Tottenham centurions after Crystal Palace win | Goal.com

The same mistakes seemed to happening from game to game, and he seemed either unwilling or unable to do anything about it.

Even though Spurs fans were comparing him unfavourably with Poch, due to supposed style of play, Poch had left when the team had slid to 14th place and had not won an away game for a year, with no sign of an imminent improvement.

It seems that, these days, many highly rated managers seem unable to adjust and improve the fortunes of a team once they hit problems and bad form.

Agree with the first two points, however I’m pretty certain he’ll get another top flight job. Ok he won’t get the scousers or City. And he’s done Chelsea, Utd and now spurs. But I expect him to piss about with media work for 6 months to keepin the public eye (don’t forget the euros during the summer). Then he’ll take a job in September when the first trigger happy chairman sacks a manager for losing 3 on the bounce.
If the likes of Alladyce, Bruce, Hughes, Moyes can keep getting employed I’m sure “the special one” can too.

I read somewhere that he had gathered together in excess of £77 million in pay offs from various clubs, if correct he might not be too bothered about another job.

Isn’t it the way a lot of top line managers operate? Even down to our level.

New job, go well for a while, then do everything possible to get the sack early, pick up payout and move on to next job.

Go well for a while, do everything possible to get sacked.....ad infinitum.

I wonder if Sir Alex and Arsene rue the fact they did so well and stayed at one club for years?

You very rarely hear of a manager just leaving at the end of a contract or that a contract is just not being renewed - Hodgson maybe this summer? Moyes at Sunderland or the first time at West Ham?

That is dwarfed by the number of sackings. Even when it is reported that a manager has resigned, you usually find out later that they got a pay off.

Mourinho may hold the record for the sums involved though, admittedly.