Another Midfielder | Vital Football

Another Midfielder

Alfalf2

Vital Reserves Team
Adam Bale signed today, Hoolihan(not sure of spelling) got international clearance, Williams supposedly near to fitness , then we have Featherstone, Ryan Donaldson, Josh Hawkes, Lewis Hawkins, Liam Noble and McGlaughlin out on loan. One more and we would have a full team of midfield players. Seems daft to me. I wonder if Higgy thinks some of them who arrived last summer or earlier are just not good enough.

I suspect Bale is one for the future, hopefully he can emulate their Gareth!
For me the midfield has been in need of a drastic overhaul, Featherstone, Hawkins, Newton and McLaughlin all need to be released; whilst I anticipate Donaldson and Noble will seek their fortune elsewhere.

One of the better midfielders I’ve seen at the Vic this season...... Jeffrey for Dover Athletic, pacy, strong, hard working and direct. If one or more of them turn in performances akin to his, we’ll be onto a successful campaign next term.

Out of those mentioned in Alfalf2’s post I’d probably keep Hawkes and be in two minds about Featherstone.
Molynuex is a must keep, would like to see more of Amos in the left back role, but think Hignett is fond of the wingback system (I myself am not). I think it’s costing us too many goals.

Holohan, Bale, Molyneux, Hawkes, have we invested too much into Williams to let him go? How come we’re not looking at or miss out on local players like those Gateshead attract, the Olley’s, Tinkler’s and the Rigg’s?

Think we’re mostly in agreement that the midfield is the weak area and needs changing, hopefully we’re doing something about it early and we hit the ground running come August.
:red: