👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

👨🏼‍💼 Ange Postecoglou - Manager Thread

so will the Levy promise of 150Mill be enough for Ange to get the extra players he needs to complete the jigsaw.
In today's market that could be 2 or 3 known players or 6 unknowns ???.
Seems we want 100mill back with the sale of 6-8 others - many of which r still on loan. But every season no-one wants to buy our castoffs , they expect them for free. Lets hope the name NDom is peeled off the walls soon.

Be an interesting summer
We could get Tosin on a free and still have £150m for transfers.

I am convinced that the majority of opinions on a manager are completely based on the last game.
Mine are based on the last few home games all against struggling clubs where we have conceded chance upon chance and have generally come away with lucky wins. Add this to the pitiful away performances against Fulham and Newcastle. Quite a large sequence of games where we seem to be getting steadily worse.

Mine are based on the last few home games all against struggling clubs where we have conceded chance upon chance and have generally come away with lucky wins. Add this to the pitiful away performances against Fulham and Newcastle. Quite a large sequence of games where we seem to be getting steadily worse.
Weirdly, we have the same number of shots on our goal as Man City, the 3rd lowest in the league

so will the Levy promise of 150Mill be enough for Ange to get the extra players he needs to complete the jigsaw.
In today's market that could be 2 or 3 known players or 6 unknowns ???.
Seems we want 100mill back with the sale of 6-8 others - many of which r still on loan. But every season no-one wants to buy our castoffs , they expect them for free. Lets hope the name NDom is peeled off the walls soon.

Be an interesting summer
He hasn't promised £150 mill....he actually (as he always doesn't) hasn't promised anything, but the funds that are asked for to get who he wants will be there.

Weirdly, we have the same number of shots on our goal as Man City, the 3rd lowest in the league
It's not the number of defeats. To date we've only lost 8 i believe, which isn't too shabby. What irks me though is the manner in which we've lost the games. Chelsea & Villa, we hit the self destruct button. The others we simply capitulated. The final 2 in a manner i haven't witnessed since, well, last season lol. It's the reason why i feel we should give him more time. To sack him now would probably prove to be counter productive.

Heres an open question.
Is Postecogelu the answer or is he just better than what we've witnessed over the last 3/4 seasons???
This would nearly be a thread on its own... 🤔
Answer ; HE AINT THE ANSWER!! Ach is out of his depth and it's showing after a camouflaged exciting start. I warned u all from the start...

For any team to be successful, it has to find the right combination of expertise and belief. The transfer windows give Ange the opportunity to develop the expertise but belief is a fickle commodity which only tangible results can foster. Unfortunately what I see is a team dwindling in belief after initial success. It's tough to lose or fail to win against inferior opposition with suspect tactics, and the players will be hearing the doubts being widely expressed by the fans, pundits and press core.

For any team to be successful, it has to find the right combination of expertise and belief. The transfer windows give Ange the opportunity to develop the expertise but belief is a fickle commodity which only tangible results can foster. Unfortunately what I see is a team dwindling in belief after initial success. It's tough to lose or fail to win against inferior opposition with suspect tactics, and the players will be hearing the doubts being widely expressed by the fans, pundits and press core.

Belief is a great word. One concern is that the players might not be as acceptive of Ange's tactics after a few bad results. They may also gone into games feeling leggy because of the training intensity. Then there are the perceived unnecessary injuries on the training ground that they've witnessed due to that intensity. When the bad results come, the players bring these doubts to the front of their mind, just like we do. Hopefully, they can get a result or two and they will put them in the back of their mind where they belong.

Heres an open question.
Is Postecogelu the answer or is he just better than what we've witnessed over the last 3/4 seasons???
This would nearly be a thread on its own... 🤔
If Ange continues with the same formation/tactics irrespective of opponent and/or what is happening in a game at any particular tine.....then for the neutral he will be an exciting manager and for spurs supporters he will have been a distraction from recent seasons 'just bore me to death' football......but ultimately he will end up toast.
I think these next few games are going to give players and supporters a good look at what we might be able to achieve next season....fingers crossed come mid May we are all feeling optimistic.

If Ange continues with the same formation/tactics irrespective of opponent and/or what is happening in a game at any particular tine.....then for the neutral he will be an exciting manager and for spurs supporters he will have been a distraction from recent seasons 'just bore me to death' football......but ultimately he will end up toast.
I think these next few games are going to give players and supporters a good look at what we might be able to achieve next season....fingers crossed come mid May we are all feeling optimistic.

It's actually a big day for Ange. He can be the hero, and his team can also be honourable losers. If we are tactically inept or not up for it, plus the "these results will happen on the journey" interview then he'll have a very tough time.

I didn't appreciate that narrative after the St James Park debacle.