Ange may have lost the dressing room... | Page 8 | Vital Football

Ange may have lost the dressing room...

A culture of almost? I was a fan at the age of 6.

Culture changes over time.

Ange isn't doing what Tottenham fans want. So what? Where has that got us?

Naffing nowhere.
Go easy sunshine.
If you want to go down that road my grandad was Tottenham fan and he told his scally mates so he was with in Italy during the war.
He prided himself on it.
So as was his son Tottenham.
My dad.
And so was my mum.
Who's dad was a Tottenham fan who was in Africa during the war.
And told his northern Leeds mates he was a Spurs boy.
And got in tear ups over it.
Obbviously all dead now.
Everyone in my family is Tottenham.
Now my kids are
Cousins.
The whole family.
Through and through.
Don't go down that road sunshine.
Like you know best as you were a fan from 6.
Cockle doodle du for you.

Last edited:
There is a reason there hasn't been a UK manager win the PL in ten
Go easy sunshine.
If you want to go down that road my grandad was Tottenham fan and he told his scally mates he was in Italy during the war.
He prided himself on it.
So as was his son Tottenham.
My dad.
And so was my mum.
Who's dad was a Tottenham fan who was in Africa during the war.
And told his northern Leeds mates he was a Spurs boy.
And got in tear ups over it.
Obe alll dead now.
Everyone in my family is Tottenham.
Now my kids are
Cousins.
The whole family.
Through and through.
Don't go down that road sunshine.
Like you know best.
Ever.

Ahh....if we are bringing family into it my grandfather who was a Tottenham fan and with the BEF and was very lucky to get out of Dunkirk and went back in on D-Day was also a Spurs fan. We can do this all day long. Father, mother, brothers, children. Whatever.

All I know is we need something new to crack the cycle.

There is a reason there hasn't been a UK manager win the PL in ten

Ahh....if we are bringing family into it my grandfather who was a Tottenham fan and with the BEF and was very lucky to get out of Dunkirk and went back in on D-Day was also a Spurs fan. We can do this all day long. Father, mother, brothers, children. Whatever.

All I know is we need something new to crack the cycle.
So your 'I was a Spurs fan at 6' is a fucking nonsense.
So why play it in the first place?

It means fcuk all.
We are all fans here. It's why we are here.

I'm sticking with Ange until the end of the season.
But I'm far from convinced going forward.
If we don't get UEFA cup I'd pull the trigger if there are no improvement by January .
He has had everything he needed to achieve that at the very least.

So your 'I was a Spurs fan at 6' is a fucking nonsense.
So why play it in the first place?

It means fcuk all.
We are all fans here. It's why we are here.

I'm sticking with Ange until the end of the season.
But I'm far from convinced going forward.
If we don't get UEFA cup I'd pull the trigger if there are no improvement by January .
He has had everything he needed to achieve that at the very least.

Not nonsense, but irrelevant. Why play it, because of the "sunshine" comment. As I said it was getting stupid. In 60 years we have gone down hill.

Let's hope he pulls it out.

When Ange was appointed if someone said 5th do for you, I'd have said yep. If I then went to sleep and woke up after our last game and we were 5th, I'd think fecking great for the first year and where we were.
BUT right now whilst I'll be ok if we end up 5th, I'm thinking of the crap displays & bad tactics that cost us at least 4th
I then look into next season and just can't see how we play will win us anything. Yep we will take some scalps. We will have some great wins. But given everyone knows how we play we will also have days like our last 4 matches & many more before that.
I would love Ange to come out and say with a few tweaks here and there I'm confident we can sort out the set pieces issues. But I fear he won't and just wants to steamroll other teams....some days that's what we will do. But not often enough to win anything IMO. If he refuses to see issues and work to rectify, then he doesn't deserve to be our manager. It's not his club to experiment on....it's our club and we all want the best. Great if it's him, but if he doesn't change I can't see him lasting 2024

My drunken problems are different. I have an arsehole United fan down the street, and 3 Arsenal fans in the neighborhood. My wife has been hounding me to take down my Spurs flag because apparently, it keeps her awake at night.

She was bugging me today to do it.

There is no naffing way I am taking it down until the end of the season to be replaced by the Canadian flag.

It's stuff like this that makes me feel assured that he is the right man, but he just needs some time and backing to mould the team into his image.

I actually think Ange has been very clear and honest all season that he has his way of playing and he sticks by it, but if it fails, it's on him. No arrogance or ego, but determination and confidence in his past successes from taking this approach.

I'm happy to sit here and say I would sooner let him having another 2 seasons to make a success of it, as long as we don't drop into the danger zone. I want to see a manager who is able to be here long enough to build a team in his image. I think Ange is the perfect type of manager for this club at this stage. Flaws n' all.

I think the Europa League is the best place for us to push on at this point. After a decent summer recruitment and a bit of a reflection on how to improve on this season, we could even be good enough to win the damned thing.

5th is more than I expected. I was convinced losing Kane was going to hurt us a lot more than it has. I hope we hold on to 5th now.

I think the Europa League is the best place for us to push on at this point. After a decent summer recruitment and a bit of a reflection on how to improve on this season, we could even be good enough to win the damned thing.

5th is more than I expected. I was convinced losing Kane was going to hurt us a lot more than it has. I hope we hold on to 5th now.
Yes, but holding on to 5th should have been a doddle even if 4th was a bridge too far during the rebuild. If we don't finish at least in 5th questions need to be asked of the manager AND the players.

I'll support him.
But key players have divebombed in form under him.a
For no reason. Other than his tactics.
He's also not bought anyone though who he seems to trust.
He's a mish mash of a manager,
If he gets 5th fair play.
Anything less given the cup exits doesn't sit well with me.

I'll support him.
But key players have divebombed in form under him.a
For no reason. Other than his tactics.
He's also not bought anyone though who he seems to trust.
He's a mish mash of a manager,
If he gets 5th fair play.
Anything less given the cup exits doesn't sit well with me.

The divebombing of form doesn't seem all that related to tactics at all. I'd still say that most of our problems have come from lack of effort, lack of confidence or both. I think those two factors cause the tactics to fail - but that is true of ANY tactical system.

Anges current system isn't perfect by a long way, but he has history of tinkering and adapting - despite how stubborn he might come across now.

Hi folks TBH,
Wasn't going to post, however, I've spent a fair bit of this, season defending AP but sadly yesterday, was indefensible.
Emerson was totally lost in the, Chelsea game, yet he plays him yet again today, he had a hand in virtually every Liverpool goal, he literaly gave the, whole of the left wing to Salah to run where he liked.
We have 3 wingers up front with no striker to cross to
Yet it took up to 60 odd minutes to, remove the defensive issue Emerson and fix the forward issue by putting Richi down the middle, guess what we score two goals 'Amazing'.
AP claims to play attacking football yet we didn't have a shot on target in 60 minutes.
He seriously needs to adapt play, get players in proper positions.
Son, Sarr, and Biss haven't looked right since their respective international competitions, Madders, Bents and Kulu, have Not returned properly from injury.
Vicario is like a headless chicken in goal, from having faith in a keeper I'm almost back to Gomes where I hid behind the sofa, every time the ball went near him.
We have almost our strongest 11 available, but they're playing like a load of lads put together on a holiday complex.
Folks we us silly old armchair critics can see the issues, why can't a manager on millions, fix the simple things,

Hi folks TBH,
Wasn't going to post, however, I've spent a fair bit of this, season defending AP but sadly yesterday, was indefensible.
Emerson was totally lost in the, Chelsea game, yet he plays him yet again today, he had a hand in virtually every Liverpool goal, he literaly gave the, whole of the left wing to Salah to run where he liked.
We have 3 wingers up front with no striker to cross to
Yet it took up to 60 odd minutes to, remove the defensive issue Emerson and fix the forward issue by putting Richi down the middle, guess what we score two goals 'Amazing'.
AP claims to play attacking football yet we didn't have a shot on target in 60 minutes.
He seriously needs to adapt play, get players in proper positions.
Son, Sarr, and Biss haven't looked right since their respective international competitions, Madders, Bents and Kulu, have Not returned properly from injury.
Vicario is like a headless chicken in goal, from having faith in a keeper I'm almost back to Gomes where I hid behind the sofa, every time the ball went near him.

We have almost our strongest 11 available, but they're playing like a load of lads put together on a holiday complex.
Folks we us silly old armchair critics can see the issues, why can't a manager on millions, fix the simple things,
You’ve just named 7 first team players that have issues. To fix the issues most seek work on the training ground before being benched.
The problem with that is who you replace 7 first team players with? We don’t have the squad.
Take Vic out, we only have Forster. Take Madders out, we have hit and miss Lo Celso. Take Biss out, we have PEH that seems unable to pass accurately forward. Take Sarr out, we have no box to box replacement. Take Kulu out, you have Johnson that’s young and inconsistent (I like Johnson though!). Take Bents out and you have no replacement.
City are the only team that could replace 7 first team players and maintain some semblance of identity. We’re nowhere near that yet. It’s not even been 12 months with Ange as manager.