Andy Cook | Vital Football

Andy Cook

jal jal

Vital Squad Member
This post was on the Jordan Archer thread on the Tranmere site:

Re: Jordon Archer new
14 October, 2017 20:25
Cookie handed in a transfer he defo going in January, apparently lincoln city are keen on taking him ,good luck to the lad he deserves it.

What's the opinion on Andy Cook if it's true and we do sign him.

Notts County wanted him in the summer.

I've always rated him quite highly as a NL striker, but he's not had much time as an FL one, if any.

He'll need to shape up to fit in here, though. He's let himself go a bit and it quite tubby now (I don't mean a Matt Rhead type build, I mean he's got a gut on him).

don`t know about andy cook`s contract but he has been on dc`s radar in the past.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10556974/who-will-be-the-next-star-to-emerge-from-non-league-we-pick-out-six-to-watch

If true, I think we may see Matt Rhead be allowed to return to a club nearer his home in the January window.

I don't think Mickey Mellon liked Cook as he was top scorer but left him on the bench, even when the team never looked like scoring, they definitely didn't see eye to eye, not a favourite of the Tranmere manager.

On the last day of the window we missed out on Hawkins who went to Portsmouth, who was the second signing we missed out on ? (not Akinola).

I'm confused about how we plan to play. Obviously you can be big and fast and a fox in the box but is Cook that?

I feel like the 10 role is Knott's to lose albeit Danny hadn't seemed all that keen to play him there but I wonder whether that's been down to squad size / availability.

Also appreciate the need for plan B, C, etc.

Skip155 - 18/10/2017 16:55

I'm confused about how we plan to play. Obviously you can be big and fast and a fox in the box but is Cook that?

Nope, he is a traditional No 9.

Personally I have not been enamoured with him when I have seen him play. Him and Mellon obviously have issues and that is why he wants away from Tranmere, I venture.

I believe the Imps currently need 21st Century versions of the likes of John ward, Gordon Hobson or Derek Bell.

I like him and could be a decent target man but can also play on the floor if he can get himself fit.

Interestingly Cook hails from Bishop Auckland - only around 20 miles away from Hartlepool, where DC/NC visited in the summer....

Could he back have been back home when they were up there??

Love a mystery 2+2=5, but makes a great story!!

Never been particularly impressive in my opinion. Wasn't good or fit for the Cods, done well at Barrow but not done much this season at Tranmere or last season when he was regularly dropped. And we think he'd do well for us in a higher division?

Didn't do much last season? 23 goals despite getting far fewer minutes than the season before.

He's probably scored 100+ goals in 5 seasons, admittedly including a season in the NLN with Barrow.

Younger version of Rheady - bit more mobile? What's his attitude like? Get him fit & he could be good, but as others have said, DC will know.