And it's......... | Page 2 | Vital Football

And it's.........

Neppos - 26/9/2013 01:36

Oh right, club openly admits early rounds of League and FA Cup aren't a priority shocker.

We're in good company then.

Don't let this little snippet of information get in the way of common sense,but the good company you speak of normally have ambitions of winning the premiership,a European trophy or finishing as high as they can in the league.

Exactly, the clubs who place less emphasis on the cups (manure, city etc) do so because they are challenging for the title and want to win the CL, not because their owner refuses to invest in the squad and consequently leaves it in a state where it can barely challenge in one competition let alone three.

Pardew will not get us into anything this season. He will already have the excuses lined up. Did I expect us to beat Leeds - Yes, Hull - Yes and we won one of them. Its a rollercoaster. I think Pardew will be gone before Xmas. He is just not a good enough Manager for a side that should be challenging at the top half.

Well with this Poyet link to Sunderland, Ashley's options for getting a new manager seem to be getting limited. Maybe he will just pull the same trick as last seaosn, stick with the manager he has, on the basis he is so good in the media for him, then panic buy in the Jan sales if our Prem League place in threatened. Either that or scupper Sunderland's chance of improvement pdq by getting Poyet in here in the next week or so, if he has the remotest doubts about Pardew's ability to keep us in the Prem league, even with January panic buying.

Poyet is an accident waiting to happen for me. As for the Man City tie it's a dream for "Pards" and the board. We can bow out without disgrace or media hysteria and blame the luck of the draw and Citehs money. The only priority for us (and 14 or so other premiership clubs btw) is to stay in the division and keep snouts firmly in the trough. Hopefully without finishing 5th and having to enter "Europes 2nd competition". Anything else is a distraction.