An open letter from the chairman | Vital Football

An open letter from the chairman

Well once again Clive and the rest of the Board have kept us up to date with total transparency and their full support. I am so glad that I am a Imps fan and like him cannot wait for the day we can all return to the Stadium to voice our support too, so Thank you so much Clive and everyone involved with this truly remarkable team. UTI

A great letter, and good that the iFollow figures are high.

Personally I do not understand why we are not selling 9,000 iFollow subs every game. It's a terrific way to support the club, cheaper than actually going to the ground (as much as we all wish we could do that), and the iFollow coverage is excellent (even with Hortin).

Sadly it looks as though iFollow is going to be the only way to watch this superb team get promotion. We should all encourage anyone they know who does not watch on iFollow to do so.

Personally I do not understand why we are not selling 9,000 iFollow subs every game. It's a terrific way to support the club, cheaper than actually going to the ground (as much as we all wish we could do that), and the iFollow coverage is excellent (even with Hortin).

Sadly it looks as though iFollow is going to be the only way to watch this superb team get promotion. We should all encourage anyone they know who does not watch on iFollow to do so.

Agree, but I think technology is a barrier for some of the Imps fans. Some of our older fans may not be comfortable setting it up, and while it's easy if you use laptops and streaming services frequently, many people do not and that's a shame. I hope it continues to rise though. If you know an Imp fan that hasn't used iFollow, pop round their house and show them how easy it is, and how great the team are playing.

Agree, but I think technology is a barrier for some of the Imps fans. Some of our older fans may not be comfortable setting it up, and while it's easy if you use laptops and streaming services frequently, many people do not and that's a shame. I hope it continues to rise though. If you know an Imp fan that hasn't used iFollow, pop round their house and show them how easy it is, and how great the team are playing.

Also quite a lot of people will now be in a worse (possibly much worse) financial position due to loss of job/income etc or have a very uncertain future.

Neverthless really good viewing figures and I'm sure they will go up and up as season reaches its climax.

You are spot on about technology. but my personal experience is, showing an older fan how to set up iFollow once, is nowhere near enough. )))

I gain the impression from the details of numbers watching on iFollow according to the club website that this is in addition to those season ticket holders that opted for the code - the website saying that each view is £8.33 for the club suggests that to me. Which would suggest that we have all of those season ticket holders viewing as well, which, from the impression I gain on here, is substantial.

So it could be that we have something like 1700 households paying to watch, plus those season ticket holders too - which could be a total of around 8,500 if we assume an average of 1.5 viewers per household that pays - that 1.5 is plucked entirely from the air...

Come on you Imps!!!!

Socially distanced of course.

Excellent letter.

re I Follow figures. Many supporters will live or be in a bubble with at least one other season ticket holder.

I also have a S/T Holder friend who won’t watch on I Follow this season it’s not the same without a crowd.

What are the ifollow figures? Ifollow is keeping me sane(ish)!

I gain the impression from the details of numbers watching on iFollow according to the club website that this is in addition to those season ticket holders that opted for the code - the website saying that each view is £8.33 for the club suggests that to me. Which would suggest that we have all of those season ticket holders viewing as well, which, from the impression I gain on here, is substantial.

So it could be that we have something like 1700 households paying to watch, plus those season ticket holders too - which could be a total of around 8,500 if we assume an average of 1.5 viewers per household that pays - that 1.5 is plucked entirely from the air...

Come on you Imps!!!!

I am not so sure. This is one quote from the link above,

• 3,301 households (including season ticket holders) streamed our home match versus Doncaster Rovers which was also a new record for the 2020/21 season.