An Italian friend wrote today | Page 2 | Vital Football

An Italian friend wrote today

Valencia Gill, Donald Trump and Marie Le Pen all welcoming the vote. A big day in UK and world politics.

[Edit: post deleted and pasted in the results thread where there's more of a message thread related to it.]

The "out" case is simpler to understand - meddling foreigners, lack of sovereignty and those Muslims that are on their way. The "in" case - access to an enormous market and the number of jobs that are reliant on this access is much more difficult to quantify. Never underestimate the intelligence of the British population, a simple leaflet, a poster, or an internet gif is enough for many.

Trev_GFC - 24/6/2016 18:14

I'm trying to understand the Brexit vote. I know a lot of people voted on one issue, and it's not down to ignorance. It's because we simply weren't informed well enough of what the EU is and does. It's a lot of pacts and directives relating to everything. Some good, some not so good. Instead we were fed scaremongering from both sides, figures plucked from nowhere, and forced to think that the EU has no influence other than immigration or free trade. Even the televised debates were formed of a bunch of chickens with different shit stains on them clucking the same clucks. Of course people will vote on the one or two issues dragged out to death by them.

I can completely understand people voting simply due to immigration if they solely disagree with the level of immigration (particularly settling in Kent) and that we have our hands tied when deporting them. Any other reason and you need to admit that you're a twat.

The one thing I just don't get is the classic "we fought the Germans during the war and now we're surrendering to them" - please can someone explain this. Is complying with the request to put money together to help bail out Greece for the safety of the whole of the EU surrendering to them? Or taking in a fraction of the immigrants making their way from Syria? Both times providing a fraction of what Germany were offering? Or is this part of Germany's plan to create the 4th Reich? Surely I'm missing something here?

Anyone who mentions benefits street in their reasons for Brexit don't deserve to be taken seriously.

Cutting foreign aid - a touchy one. With our EU membership fee at least there's accountability where it goes. Otherwise, what's the guarantee any of the money saved from leaving the EU will go to the right causes here? Remember the story of the man who told his mate "I never smoke. You know, with the money you save you could buy a Ferrari" only to get the response "Well where's your Ferrari?".

You failed to mention the real reasons a lot of people voted Leave, Trev. No mention of Opal Fruits, Snickers, Cif, the shape of cucumbers, how fatty an ice cream should be, or what flavours of crisps are bad for your health. These were the real reasons for the UK deciding to vote leave... :2:

More likely to be Boris, Farage isn't even a Tory, though will be interesting to see what happens to UKIP. Seemingly they have no actual need to exist anymore?

Maybe Farage will be knighted?

Now Farage will be able to devote all his time to getting rid of all those 'people of colour' instead of worrying about fair-skinned blonde-haired Romanians. :13:

He has been campaigning for this moment for 20 years. Thats a great personal/professional achievement , whatever your political views.

AKA ... its not about colour... youve got it wrong.

Its about whether a culture is beneficial to British society.

Sadly islam does not fit the bill .

Its no coincidence that voters saw UKIP posters , with snaking queues of mostly male arabs being invited into the multi-cultural world of the EU.

The English and Welsh voted against this

I am deeply disappointed that the aggressive attitude of the 'Remain' campaign was to suggest that the 'Brexit' campaign was any thing to do with racism.
I find this personally offensive. The whole reason to me was to prevent anybody, whether genuine EU residents or migrants, who felt they had to escape the turmoil in their resident country, travelling a further '1000' miles to ensure they came to Britain. Surely they should have been happy to escape their persecution by getting into the first 'sane' country.
Maybe we need a severe look at this country's Social Security benefit, because in my view it is why they are needing to travel so far from their first country of 'relief'.

"Meanwhile, Conservative MEP and Leave campaigner Daniel Hannan told BBC Newsnight he could envisage a situation where the UK had "free movement of labour" with the EU." Oh dear, how quickly things unravel. Listening Valencia ? The 350 million seems to have magically disappeared as well.

Freedom of travel - By this, do you mean I wouldn't need a passport? Oh, hang on I will need a passport if I holiday outside of the EU, so does it matter whether I need a passport to travel to France? What's the difference? Maybe just the fact that if I don't have one I have less chance of proving that I am a valid citizen?