America's Cup | Page 2 | Vital Football

America's Cup

I just have to repeat it - it's amazing what you can achieve on the sporting front when you have desire and ambition. I hadn't realised Ainslie was in line to skipper a UK challenge this year until litigation got in the way. I know we tried a wee while back. Is it trials you witnssed Ginola?

I recall as a kid spending a lot of time on Isle of Wight, usually during Cowes week - it's fantastic stuff.

you're right Ginola, I was intrigued so did a bit of digging. It wasn't the America's Cup as in the event that's just happened in SF though.

It was what they called the "America's Cup World Series" and was basically a regatta of many teams/boats that competed under the latest regulations of the sport, ie the most modern and fastest boats to have graced these shores under competition, if I gather correctly as some sort of precursor to the real event.

Well done Ben Ainslie. Apparently there were more Kiwis on the USA boat than there were Americans.

Whatever their backgrounds, competitive sport has no rival.

Saw The Amercas Cup Trophy at Cowes the other year during Cowes week heavily guarded by some strong looking guys.
Sea a bit choppy today, breezy.