Americans... | Vital Football

Americans...

officemonkey

Vital Champions League
Jesus wept, yet more horrific scenes this week.

When are these absolute plonkers going to realise that guns are the problem here? Their arrogance towards gun laws is astounding.

So what is their solution? Cry out for more fucking guns!

the coppers want hammered shooting an innocent bloke dead in his car but then you get some knackers killing 5 coppers.

Unfortunately the right to bear arms has become so intertwined into the American psyche that I don't know if they'll ever stop this sort of thing .

Its easy to criticise from afar, but as KK points out, the pro gun lobby in the USA is massive, and nobody, no party, could try and revoke their use. Sure its in their constitution to be able to bear arms.

Have plenty of experience of USA, the ones I have met and talked to have them, not on them, but access to them is insanely easy.

That said, I am sure the cowards in Paris would have thought twice, if they thought somebody in the crowds had a gun on them, and in a nutshell, that is the argument used to keep them by the holders in USA.

However access to the sub machine type, and sniper type rifles, has to be brought in check, and I think congress may stand some chance of that, handguns etc.., no chance.

& for some folk "Hapiness is a warm gun" John Lennon.Always preferred pea shooters misel.
Scary times in the U.S.

I lived in the USA for a few years, not everyone has a gun, or has access to one. The vast majority of people are able to use a gun in a correct fashion. More people are killed by drink drivers than guns. I don't understand why anyone would ant to drink and drive when you consider the damage it does, yet people still do it.

In the hands of a knacker, a gun, or a car, is a dangerous thing. Most of us can manage to own either of them without hurting anyone else. They will never ban guns in the USA, so you might as well stop thinking about it. It won't happen, ever.

Lived and worked in America and i dont think the gun laws will ever be tightened up its in the psyche that they have a right to bare arms and NRA is a massive organisation with major political influence. I would add that 99% of the americans i have met are decent people which is higher than the % of geordie dickheads that i have met.

I wouldn't expect a Brexiteer to provide actual facts and I wasn't disappointed. 29 people on average die in the USA each day from drink driving whereas 91 people die from gun violence according to national statistics.

I bet you've been to Elevenerife too mind. You're like the original Mr Benn.

Bruce68 - 8/7/2016 17:22

Lived and worked in America and i dont think the gun laws will ever be tightened up its in the psyche that they have a right to bare arms and NRA is a massive organisation with major political influence. I would add that 99% of the americans i have met are decent people which is higher than the % of geordie dickheads that i have met.

Must admit the majority of Americans who I've met have always been very pleasant too. However, they still support gun laws as a general rule in my experience.

Something needs to be done though as things like this can't carry on. What will it take for them to wake up to the problem?!

They won't do a thing about it because they have a warped view on the right to bare arms! Things should've been done after Columbine (1999) but the they weren't and worse has followed. Virginia Tech, Aurora and Sandy hook are 3 with very heavy death tolls, not to mention the rest.

Ive owned guns, used them religiously but I can not for the life of me understand why they feel the need to let civilians own high power assault weapons.

The one thing I can say about this country is that our gun laws are pretty tough, after Hungerford all centre-fire weapons were banned, after Dunblane all handguns were banned. I think they will get tougher after Derrick Bird and I'm expecting tougher laws on air weapons to be brought in eventually.

So drink driving is responsible for 29 deaths a day in the USA. There's never an excuse for drink driving, but in some circumstances I can see why people get shot. I can think of circumstances in which I would shoot someone, but none in which I would get behind the wheel of a vehicle when three times over the limit.

People in glass houses ...

Drink driving debate is a separate issue,meanwhile there's the fkn n.r.a. & the republicans allowing this carnage to go on.I too have American friends who don't have guns & listen to Joni Mitchell & hope the fucking rednecks turn on each other.

It's like a free for all,the
Jews & the blind & the deaf & the Somalians & the Syrians & the gays & the refugees & the poor & the buddhists & the shias & the sunnis are all hurting each other & theresa fucking may is our leader,saw a Songthrush earlier.

Not many Song Thrushes to be seen nowadays. When I was a child (and an avid collector of birds eggs) the Song Thrush along with the Blackbird and Hedge Sparrow were the commonest birds. The eggs of those birds were barely worth the finding, everyone had them. Not seen the nest of a Song Thrush for years and years now, must be over thirty years.