Amazing News.... | Vital Football

Amazing News....

• Thread starter Deleted member 13556
  • Start date
Please stop using bad 4 letter words like "work" on this site. Thank you.

'Work' is such a shit word. It describes two very different things. We need a new word so that it is easier to distinguish between the mundane but necessary 'work', and the other type of 'work', that which is creative, rewarding and fulfilling. Sometimes the two cross over like in a Venn diagram but mostly they are distinct activities.

We need less work so that we can have more time to work and play.

'Work' is such a shit word. It describes two very different things. We need a new word so that it is easier to distinguish between the mundane but necessary 'work', and the other type of 'work', that which is creative, rewarding and fulfilling. Sometimes the two cross over like in a Venn diagram but mostly they are distinct activities.

Thing is, the things I like to play with cost money 😪

Thing is, the things I like to play with cost money 😪

Yeah, fair enough. Which is why you probably choose to do more of the earning kind of work than I choose to do.

I'm the same as everyone, I need money to live in this society. But I don't need that much. And the things I like to play with are either free or don't cost that much.

Apart from going to the football, that's always bloody expensive. If I did more work and earned more money I'd have probably seen the Gills play much more than i have done so over the last twenty years or so. But then some might say I've had a lucky escape and saved myself quite a bit of money/time!

Pu

Purpose is what we need and the lack of it damages us. It usually involves some work.

Ive seen your argument on this buddha for the last 10 or more years probably. Ultimately i deem that 8 hours of work 5 days a week (40 hours) allows me to enjoy the other 128 hours of the week much much more.

No, money doesnt buy you happiness, but it certainly makes it easier to enjoy your spare time!

There's a big change coming after the corona epidemic too. Office jobs working from home, the end of the pointless 2-3 hour daily commute for anyone working in london is not too far away at all. At HSBC, my ptevious client, working from home was pretty much well established and the work life balance was great. In fact they started downsizing offices to only have enough room for 70% of the staff at any one time. Loads of savings for them. Then i moved to my new client, and their culture was total opposite, they hated people working from home. Hardly anyone in the whole company did and if you did, you werent invited to meetings etc. The culture was all wrong - they hated wfh. Covid19 has forced then to build a wfh culture and the senior execs are now expressing regrets they didnt do it sooner, and saying how well it works. Other bosses of big companieschave come out and said the same recently. I can see a huge difference in culture coming because of the progression of technology, which is a great step forward in terms of work life balance.

Ive seen your argument on this buddha for the last 10 or more years probably. Ultimately i deem that 8 hours of work 5 days a week (40 hours) allows me to enjoy the other 128 hours of the week much much more.

No, money doesnt buy you happiness, but it certainly makes it easier to enjoy your spare time!

There's a big change coming after the corona epidemic too. Office jobs working from home, the end of the pointless 2-3 hour daily commute for anyone working in london is not too far away at all. At HSBC, my ptevious client, working from home was pretty much well established and the work life balance was great. In fact they started downsizing offices to only have enough room for 70% of the staff at any one time. Loads of savings for them. Then i moved to my new client, and their culture was total opposite, they hated people working from home. Hardly anyone in the whole company did and if you did, you werent invited to meetings etc. The culture was all wrong - they hated wfh. Covid19 has forced then to build a wfh culture and the senior execs are now expressing regrets they didnt do it sooner, and saying how well it works. Other bosses of big companieschave come out and said the same recently. I can see a huge difference in culture coming because of the progression of technology, which is a great step forward in terms of work life balance.

I think the working from home thing is a great thing for those who can do it. Unfortunately it is predominantly a middle class affair, most working class people cannot work from home because their workplace cannot simply be transferred to home (as it can be via technology with many middle class jobs).

And yeah, I get that some people (such as yourself) are more motivated by material gain than I am. That's fine, it's not a problem. I have nothing against people wanting to work hard to earn money so as to make it "easier to enjoy [their] spare time". The only caveat I'd make is that I think that there is far too much consumption. People (in general) really do need to find ways to enjoy themselves without the need to consume all the time.

Anyway, here I am arguing against wasting our lives working when I actually need some work!

Anybody got any work for me? Go on, gis a job. I could do that. Go on, gis a job...

Anyway, here I am arguing against wasting our lives working when I actually need some work!

Anybody got any work for me? Go on, gis a job. I could do that. Go on, gis a job...

You could come and clear my land , but how do I get rid of you afterwards would be the deal breaker 🤔

Mrs S has decided to see how it goes on the 15th and probably reopen the following week.
Screen, sanitiser, signage etc are already in place.
It’s all about confidence, both for her and for her customers.

Mrs S has decided to see how it goes on the 15th and probably reopen the following week.
Screen, sanitiser, signage etc are already in place.
It’s all about confidence, both for her and for her customers.
Funny how some think differently to others re the virus isn't it? We've just put our flat on the market and had our first viewing yesterday. Mrs Nobby left out masks, sanitiser and wipes and wore a mask herself in an attempt to make the viewers feel comfortable.
They turned up with f*** all and whittered on about "over reaction". Thats fine in your own gaff but have some respect when you're in someone else's home.

Funny how some think differently to others re the virus isn't it? We've just put our flat on the market and had our first viewing yesterday. Mrs Nobby left out masks, sanitiser and wipes and wore a mask herself in an attempt to make the viewers feel comfortable.
They turned up with f*** all and whittered on about "over reaction". Thats fine in your own gaff but have some respect when you're in someone else's home.
Good luck we started with viewings today.But left it up to the estate agent.