Almost toxic | Vital Football

Almost toxic

Max.Headroom

Vital Reserves Team
Some twats on the left side of the Rainham end started to sing Scally out not too long after the game had started. I told the idiots to fu@k off, and luckily it didn't catch on. Just thinking how different it may have been if they had managed to drag the tone down . Still we got right behind the team in the end, and I left the ground absolutely buzzing.
If it had turned toxic would it have affected the team? And would we still have won?
Eaves said thet when the Rainham end get behind the team it gives them another gear, so hopefully no more miserable twats please.

Max.Headroom - 17/9/2017 01:22

If it had turned toxic would it have affected the team? And would we still have won?

No, I don't think we would have won I'd you hadn't have stopped those idiots. Well done Max, and thank you

nibbles - 17/9/2017 07:09

Great timing for Scally to go when we're in a legal dispute worth around 2M. Idiots.

Hopefully he's letting the legal experts get on with it. Best thing he can do is keep out of it and follow the clear instructions of the legal experts.

Good for you Max, there's always been the discussion of "should the fans fire the players up or is it the other way round?"

Well, by the sound of it, the players did their bit yesterday so it's only right the fans do theirs. I do understand frustration coming out on the terraces but now, more than ever, the players and the fans need each other. The whole board seems a lot more positive today in accepting that things still need to improve but at least seeing that things are going in the right direction. I think Ade and the boys would accept that as a fair assessment. :35:

Sone Aluko was asked on The Goal Rush whether things like that affect the players during a match and he said yes it does. Wish people would realise that.

Great quote from Holy on the torrent of abuse he was getting from the Charlton charmers behind him.
'I didn't understand what they were saying so it didn't matter'
He's quickly becoming a quality replacement for Englands number one on all fronts.

I have a colleague who's young son is a keeper in a local kids team. Holy came over to him in the warm up at one match last season as the lad was wearing his Gills goalkeepers shirt and had a chat for a while. Over the coming games he made a habit of coming over pre match and on making his debut, gave the lad his gloves after the match.
He apparently keeps in touch and has been to the lads school a few times to do bits of coaching and meet the kids.
sounds like we have got ourselves a well rounded, humble young man who appears to have exactly the right attitude and no shortage of ability. Could turn out to be a very good signing