Alex Cribley | Vital Football

Alex Cribley

Man with Dog

Vital Youth Team
In the Phoenix lounge last Saturday Tommy Gore and his crew were selling raffle tickets as Alex has Leukaemia ( I think the proceeds were going to a related charity ) they raised over a grand đź‘Ť

Alex was a loyal servant to the club, both as a player and a physio. He has had many publicised family tragedies to deal with and now this !

I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Always thought the way he was treated at Wigan at the end was a bit shabby, but I don't know the full tale.
Good luck to him, I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery.
He still reminds me of Terry off Brookside.

Gave us good service both as a player and on the backroom staff. Wish him the best and I hope the club are informed of his condition and offer their full support.

Always thought the way he was treated at Wigan at the end was a bit shabby, but I don't know the full tale.
When did he actually leave? Knew he was no longer at the club but for the life of me can't recall when he actually went.

Anyhow to echo what others have said wish him all the best, a good servant to our club.

Good luck to him, I hope he makes a speedy and full recovery.
He still reminds me of Terry off Brookside.
There was a change of manager and he was kicked out.
Treated very shabbily as I recall

Was it around 2015, so Gary Caldwell / Mackay think his leaving coincided with relegation to Div 1

Shocked he is younger than me

Last edited:
I think Alex got a bad knee injury against Sunderland away and it more or less finished his career, A great servent of the club and I would hope the Supporters club will take this up and give Alex all the help we can.

I think Alex got a bad knee injury against Sunderland away and it more or less finished his career, A great servent of the club and I would hope the Supporters club will take this up and give Alex all the help we can.

They have arranged a fund raising event for this Saturday.

Attachments

• IMG-20240310-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20240310-WA0000.jpg
    329 KB · Views: 10