Alcohol the devils brew. | Vital Football

Alcohol the devils brew.

tarzan

Vital Football Hero
Have an of you guys seen this clip? I found it riveting, the politician guy makes me angry really angry every time I watch it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-echochambers-25422399

There are no politicians in the clip. Do you mean Mr Hitchens?

It is a complicated subject though and one that we will probably never solve.

He's basically a shock jock though isn't he Hitchens. Always a pillock on QT.

Of course addiction exists. Some do become poor me victims whilst others fight though.

Doesn't matter if addiction exists or if it is a lack of willpower TBH people still die from it, still destroy their lives and the lives of the people around them. The label isn't important. If people need help and that help saves all the pain and suffering why not give it? On the opposite side just because something cannot be stopped is not an argument for decriminalisation. Murder has always happened but we wouldn't decriminalise that.

Hitchens does make some very good points on occasion.

Unfortunately on more occasions he just disagrees because he likes the sound of his own voice.

Yup, they stand out from the crowd when they have a 'thing'

His thing is being a pompous twat! lol I do so hate it when he says something I agree with!

Addiction is a proven chemical process, which some are more susceptible to than others due to their chemical make up, if you have better willpower or are less chemically dependent is open to debate obviously.

I find the idea that an outside agency has the right to imprison you or impose a debt on you for what you do in the privacy of your own home abhorrent, especially when we consider that the government have a history of sacking experts that disagree with what is considered politically correct at the time.

If those under the influence cause loss, distress or harm then obviously they should be treated for their addiction, especially if it is a government backed drug such as alcohol.