Alarm Clocks | Vital Football

Alarm Clocks

BodyButter

Vital Football Legend
Are you using an alarm clock? Like, not your phone but a actual alarm clock?

I'm thinking of getting one so that I can keep my phone out of the bedroom at night time. I had a look online but I couldn't see anything by Panasonic or Casio or any brands I recognised. They all seemed to be junk made in China.

If you use an alarm clock, what brand/type are you using?

I always have but recently changed to an Alexa thing with a clock on but made sure all emails etc are turned off

My alarm clock is about 15 yrs old (or more lol) and seems to have been nicked by the eldest.

They are simple I wouldn't think a brand name matters now really mate.

I have a projection alarm clock . Had it a few years now. Picks up a signal for the time so never have to set it and just projects small red coloured time on the wall .

Always worries me about power cuts though with my alarm. Always have had random power cuts where I live . So if i really really can’t be late in the morning will set ipad or phone alarm aswell.

Always worries me about power cuts though with my alarm. Always have had random power cuts where I live . So if i really really can’t be late in the morning will set ipad or phone alarm aswell.
Funny, when you live in a city you never even think about power cuts, but, like you we get them on a regular basis,
Forever resetting oven and microwave clocks.

Amazon don't have a presence in Asian so it seems that a lot of the Alexa stuff doesn't work here. I guess that rules out JF's suggestion.

I'm weighing up whether to get a Google nest thingy for the bedroom (I don't think they have a clock) or just get an alarm clock from Ikea.

Amazon don't have a presence in Asian so it seems that a lot of the Alexa stuff doesn't work here. I guess that rules out JF's suggestion.

I'm weighing up whether to get a Google nest thingy for the bedroom (I don't think they have a clock) or just get an alarm clock from Ikea.

I've been debating getting this thing for about 6 months now Amazon Link

Main reason is the missus, she lies there scrolling and scrolling even when I am trying to sleep. Its incredibly annoying but apparently "it helps her sleep". I think the only way to get that to stop is for me to also leave my phone out of the room. Its been her second go to excuse inspite of the fact what I do is set the alarm and then I don't pick it up until the next morning.

I've been debating getting this thing for about 6 months now Amazon Link

Main reason is the missus, she lies there scrolling and scrolling even when I am trying to sleep. Its incredibly annoying but apparently "it helps her sleep". I think the only way to get that to stop is for me to also leave my phone out of the room. Its been her second go to excuse inspite of the fact what I do is set the alarm and then I don't pick it up until the next morning.

To be honest, a lot of this is to do with the Mrs staying up too late on her phone. She has to get up early to send the kids to school and she is wearing herself out going to bed too late. Instead of having a fight about it, I've been trying to lead by example; going to bed earlier, trying to spend less time on my phone, etc.

The going to bed earlier thing seems to be working. I figure if I can get the phones out of the bedroom, we'll all be better off.

To be honest, a lot of this is to do with the Mrs staying up too late on her phone. She has to get up early to send the kids to school and she is wearing herself out going to bed too late. Instead of having a fight about it, I've been trying to lead by example; going to bed earlier, trying to spend less time on my phone, etc.

The going to bed earlier thing seems to be working. I figure if I can get the phones out of the bedroom, we'll all be better off.

Why is it that we men have to lead by example and can't just have a conversation. Minus the kids its a similar situation for me. I used to be a night owl but I love getting up earlier now and being in bed early. Trying to get her onboard has been a nightmare.