Ain't got a barrel of money | Vital Football

Ain't got a barrel of money

Mahatmafoot

Vital Squad Member
Never realised this was an old pig song. Some clown just been on P & G saying he's made up a song using " that old We******y chant"
Must have missed something. Never remember them singing it.

We also used to sing Hi Ho Sheffield United before the pigs hijacked it. Still remember it being sung on the Kop as a kid in the 90s.

I remember going to various parties and nights out in the 1970's and 80's where, if the DJ played the record, both sets of -ites would try to out sing the other. I never saw it as a United song. Wolves were associated with 'Hi-ho' before both of us, as they still are, but I always felt it was more of an oinker tune as its very simple and easy to follow.

I remember going to various parties and nights out in the 1970's and 80's where, if the DJ played the record, both sets of -ites would try to out sing the other. I never saw it as a United song. Wolves were associated with 'Hi-ho' before both of us, as they still are, but I always felt it was more of an oinker tune as its very simple and easy to follow.
It was a joke when we stuffed 'em 4:2.
When the song came on, the pigs hardly sang the main verses, only the chorus, so it was like..mumble,mumble, mumble, mumble, mumble, ...then suddenly a massive 'HI-HO SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY'...then virtual silence before lamely getting back to mumble, mumble, mumble....
Pathetic! Not a patch on the old Chip Butty song.. UTB