AI generated greatest ever Lincoln team | Vital Football

AI generated greatest ever Lincoln team

Imps2018

Vital 1st Team Regular
Thought I’d get a best ever Lincoln team out of ChatGPT to see what you all thought of it:

Goalkeeper:
Ray Clemence

Defence:
John Kennedy
Graham Taylor
Phil Neale
Sam Longson

Midfield:
Gareth Ainsworth
Glenn Cockerill
Grant Brown
Trevor Matthewson

Strikers:
Andy Graver
Gordon Hobson

Subs:
Paul Mayo
Graham Bressington
Gareth MacAuley
Lee Thorpe
Steve Thompson
Ron Hillyard
Derek Trevis

Manager:
Bill Anderson

Well apart from Ray Clemence never playing for us and if people complain about a lack of creativity in our current midfield I'm not sure a combination of central defenders Grant Brown and Trevor Matthewson would have gone down well
I was a bit bemused by the choices too 😂 but thought I’d put it in as ChatGPT produced it.

Also - the AI got very confused when trying to correct it. Trying to play 12 players now when I asked for new CM’s and GK.

Wow, that’s a really weird selection of players. Strikers, no option of Mick Harford, Percy Freeman, John Ward, just for starters. 🤔🙄

Two of the starting line up (Clemence and Longson) and one of the subs (Hillyard) never played for us. No player named Sam Longson has ever played in the Football League, although a Sam Longson was chairman of Derby County from around 1965 to 1975.

I remember Sam Longson as the chairman of Derby when they won the league a couple of times in the 1970s while I'm pretty sure that Ron Hillyard was Gillingham's goalkeeper for yonks around the same time.

What a load of garbage!

Thanks for the memories,all 110% players know most, the one for me was Trevor Meath, but had to finish early with both knees I think, who was the Jordy No10 played with Alan Harding up front Peter ? We bought the bungalow he rented from a guy worked in Arab states.

I had a go on ChatGPT and it picked Ellis Chapman in the 11... I asked why:

Including Ellis Chapman in the best Lincoln City XI might be considered a matter of personal opinion and potential. At the time of my previous response, Ellis Chapman was considered a promising young talent within Lincoln City's ranks. He had shown potential and promise in the team, especially in his defensive role, despite not having an extensive career or achievements comparable to some other players in the club's history.

I'm guessing as it learns it'll get better (and Lincoln's best team might not be its strong point)! I asked it who the best ever Lincoln player was and it picked Percy Freeman who didn't even get in the team above...

Thanks for the memories,all 110% players know most, the one for me was Trevor Meath, but had to finish early with both knees I think, who was the Jordy No10 played with Alan Harding up front Peter ? We bought the bungalow he rented from a guy worked in Arab states.
Peter Graham.