Agents fee’s (92 bible) | Vital Football

Agents fee’s (92 bible)

I take it these figures are published and verified correct? Does appear to be a fairly accurate table to what we’d all guess.

And if agents fees would fairly reflect an overall budget comparison, we’d be 7th highest in L2 which also sounds about right.

Total £5mill + going into agents pockets for L1 & L2 is a shocking state of affairs.

And if agents fees would fairly reflect an overall budget comparison, we’d be 7th highest in L2 which also sounds about right.

Clearly they’ll be related but will also reflect each club’s attitude to paying agents. Very much doubt FGR had anywhere near the second highest overall budget.

Clearly they’ll be related but will also reflect each club’s attitude to paying agents. Very much doubt FGR had anywhere near the second highest overall budget.

Yeah, FGR do seem to be an outlier don’t they. Unless they have an “agent” on their books or in the family so to speak. Or they’ve brought one or 2 high priced players with an agent.

I take it these figures are published and verified correct? Does appear to be a fairly accurate table to what we’d all guess.

Total £5mill + going into agents pockets for L1 & L2 is a shocking state of affairs.
Totally agree OSK. Just seen that Chelski paid out over £400 million!

It's a part of the game and we have to be willing to pay it.

Good players are scarce.
Scarce quantity = higher demand and therefore higher prices.

It's simple economics. This is not a hill we should be dying on if we want to get better players, as sad as that may seem.

Of course, doesn’t mean a disproportionate amount of money should line the pockets of someone adding little value.

Disproportionate is relative.
Value is subjective. It's the price someone is willing to pay.

Clearly some clubs are or they couldn't command the fees.
We either get on board with it or spend time moaning why we don't have the requisite players from our lovely hill on the moral highground. It's a cost of doing business.

We either get on board with it or spend time moaning why we don't have the requisite players from our lovely hill on the moral highground. It's a cost of doing business.

You’re arguing against a point that I can’t see anyone has made.

I can’t recall seeing anyone saying GFC should stop paying agents fees. OSK made the point that £5M for League Two overall is too high - he’s right. It is.

In a division which will largely be making losses, £5M being lost largely to greed is too much.

They get away with it due to the relativity you describe - if one club doesn’t pay it another will. That doesn’t automatically mean it’s fair or in the best interests of clubs overall and in the long term.

I do wonder what impact if any the new football regulator will have on agents. None I suspect.

OSK made the point that £5M for League Two overall is too high - he’s right. It is.

I remember when Blackburn paid £3.5m for Alan Shearer and I thought it was absolutely nuts.

Moral highground doesn't win anything in football. Your opinion is it's too high - fine. It isn't mine. I'm not right, nor are you, or any of us - we all have subjective opinions.

For me, yours is based on a morality of spending that is out of date.

Disproportionate is relative.
Value is subjective. It's the price someone is willing to pay.

Clearly some clubs are or they couldn't command the fees.

Agree with nibbles. It’s not about paying the wage for good players (although that IS an issue). And it’s not about GFC paying agents. If we didn’t we’d be in the NL or lower right now.

It’s about paying all this money to agents who are simply parasites living off the skills of others. Sure, they have to earn a living. But as shown in the Champ & EPL tables above, that’s half a billion going into the pockets of player reps. I’d imagine club owners, club managers and directors of football combined don’t earn that much.

And just read on a forum that York in the NL paid £128k to agents!! And all it’s done is get them nearer the NLN.

Wonder if Dipo Akinyemi’s agent is a large chunk of that?

Wouldn’t mind seeing the NL one if it’s there @ChelmsfordGill 👍