'After all the talk of crisis, we're back in 4th '. | Page 2 | Vital Football

'After all the talk of crisis, we're back in 4th '.

freundorfoe - 15/12/2017 10:58

Did anyone say it wouldn't be a factor?

I always thought it would be a problem we could overcome, and still do. I recall some fans saying we wouldn't win a game there all season - or that we'd only win 3 or something.

I think we'll continue to win games at Wembley but I wish there was a better atmosphere. There's around 40k season ticket holders and yet you're lucky if a chant breaks out every 15 minutes most games.

many said, I was making excuses in advance...

I see Poch is taking about players wanting to leave and it being natural for them to want to go.

It's not exactly awe inspiring is it?

Why say this in public? Either he knows certain players want out and is preparing fans for what is going to happen soon, or he is actually encouraging players inadvertently, to decide to look elsewhere.

Either way, we know it will happen, but talking about it like this is plain stupid.

As for our current position, there is no doubt we have had a very good week and it's a bonus Liverpool and Ars dropping points on the night we won.

However, we could be back in 7th if we lose to Citeh, and I still maintain that we will fall away from the top 4 race as the season progresses.

No. We can’t. There isn’t a need to as it will be appropo once again.

spur67 - 15/12/2017 19:33

I see Poch is taking about players wanting to leave and it being natural for them to want to go.

It's not exactly awe inspiring is it?

Why say this in public? Either he knows certain players want out and is preparing fans for what is going to happen soon, or he is actually encouraging players inadvertently, to decide to look elsewhere.

Either way, we know it will happen, but talking about it like this is plain stupid.

Just read that interview. It's so obvious quite a few of the players want out. They are not performing for us and are not putting in the effort.

Poch is starting to put the blame elsewhere now. First it was about transfers now he is basically saying the dressing room is not on the same page. To be fair to him if he has lost the dressing room there is fook all he can do now.

We are on the decline now. Another rebuild is needed.

This squad is far too good NOT to make top 4 but by god they're giving it a right go at the moment. Heads need to be cracked cos some of the guys just aren't pulling their weight.

steveperryman - 16/12/2017 23:57

This squad is far too good NOT to make top 4 but by god they're giving it a right go at the moment. Heads need to be cracked cos some of the guys just aren't pulling their weight.

Why is it?

Compare it to Chelsea/United/Pool.

Squad wise we are miles behind those.

Our 11 is better, unfortunately we havent seen our best 11 start all season.

Our starting 11 is right up there with the best in the league but we do have our limitations bench wise. Even still the gulf between us & City considering we should be their nearest rivals is almost laughable atm.

Kinygerbils - 17/12/2017 03:07

steveperryman - 16/12/2017 23:57

Why is it?

Compare it to Chelsea/United/Pool.

Squad wise we are miles behind those.

As much as I like the man, he has to take full responsibility. Poch.