Afolayan Misconduct Charge | Page 2 | Vital Football

Afolayan Misconduct Charge

Note the wording - “it is alleged”. Be interesting to see what response comes back from Bolton. I’m assuming this is to potentially allow him to play tomorrow if the charge is not substantiated.
They should have a look at some of the other stuff that was going on in the second half. Some of it went beyond football. Disgraceful.[/QUOT
To be honest when you watch union the refs are spoke to politely look at football and total disregard plus diving etc
Saying that in this case it should have
1 been picked up straight away
2 red card forbolton player
3 goal disallowed

He simulated that he had been injured rolling and holding his ankle. Once he realised that the referee was not interested up he jumped and ran away.
The embarrassing blight of modern football. Sadly, here to stay. There is no appetite to stop it. I know a few who have stopped watching football because of it, maybe that's where it will end!

The embarrassing blight of modern football. Sadly, here to stay. There is no appetite to stop it. I know a few who have stopped watching football because of it, maybe that's where it will end!
And it’s not just Adofaylan who is guilty either, it’s even more embarrassing when a big lump of a CH ( number 6 Johnstone in Bolton’s case) screams and jumps in the air after a slight knock, rolls around and then gets up without need of a physio.
It’s not just Bolton either as you say it’s now common place in football and every team have their whimps who try to cheat to gain an advantage and that includes the Imps as well.

Hate it myself and we’ve had our own embarrassing moments too, Rheady being a prime example.
The only way to get rid is if the authorities started to clamp down. Could start with sending off directly for simulation especially where they go down in the box.
Another thing is the surrounding the ref and the much maligned forth official. Should be like Rugby where only the captain can approach the ref.
Wont happen though will it 🙁

When are referees & linesman ever going to be held to account? Week in week out they get away with it (because they’re only human)
Imps were robbed at Southampton & robbed v Bolton due to their ineptness (or worse)

3 of the 4 officials deserve a 3 game ban for missing this ‘assault’ (the player should be arrested)

The technology exists, use it …. they are ruining games, and the spectacle as a whole.

When are referees & linesman ever going to be held to account? Week in week out they get away with it (because they’re only human)
Imps were robbed at Southampton & robbed v Bolton due to their ineptness (or worse)

3 of the 4 officials deserve a 3 game ban for missing this ‘assault’ (the player should be arrested)

The technology exists, use it …. they are ruining games, and the spectacle as a whole.

I assume the fact it has been picked up on and dealt with implies that someone higher up the FA tree is reviewing the match which suggests that the competence of the officials is also being assessed.

Expect the 'failed to control the players' fines to be dished out in due course. The referee should be wearing that charge.

I hate it too.

I'm in my 60's and have been a football fan all my life, but the play-acting, feigning injury and intimidation of the officials makes me want to turn my back on the sport time and time again. Quite simply, it's cheating and spoils the game. But I think the game's in my DNA and I can't leave it!

They could fix it if they really wanted to. Other sports have. They could follow Rugby's lead and only allow the captain/manager to approach the officials. They could do something similar to tennis and allow a limited number of challenges per match. And get tough on those that fail to toe the line.

But they won't. There's too much money at stake in football and that encourages cheating

It's probably the only solution. Get tough on every bit of gamesmanship, simulation, the lot. Book them for picking up the ball after a foul, book the lot for surrounding the ref, book them for leaving/entering the field without permission after an assault on the opposition bench.
Start throwing cards around and sending them off. Give the penalty for shirt pulling, no warnings other than day 1 of the season. Once sides start conceding 3 and 4 pens a game and finish with 8 players they will soon wise up. It would make the game a farce in the short term, but better for it in the long. If something doesn't change it will just get worse.
Finally, get the fucking idiots on tv to smarten up. I'm sick of hearing them say "he thought he felt a touch so had every right to go down". Grow a pair and tell it as it is, they are con men and should be called out. Kids see and hear all of this and think it's ok!! Mind you, if they are ever fortunate enough to be footballers they will be told as much anyway🤬

Is the quality of refereeing so poor now because of the fewer numbers taking it up?
The abuse that they receive even at youth level makes you wonder why those that do even bother.
It’s trend that will only get worse unless something is done to encourage and support them.

I do have some sympathy with refs at corners because there are usually 18 or so blokes in the box grappling with each other.

Clear red card, though, they'll not be appealing that.

Didn't 9000 fans miss it too? At least I saw no mention of it until it was reported today. Ref had an ordinary second half but punishing him for not seeing this is a bit harsh.

Is the quality of refereeing so poor now because of the fewer numbers taking it up?
The abuse that they receive even at youth level makes you wonder why those that do even bother.
It’s trend that will only get worse unless something is done to encourage and support them.

Is the refereeing really poorer? Haven't people always been trotting that line out ...and I'm sure the standard of linesman in particular, was significantly worse back in the 80s/90s.. even in this game there is no specific big decision he got wrong other than erratic yellow cards.

I believe they tried the 'only captain speaking to the ref' thing a few seasons ago. It all went to rat shit tho.
Maybe the FA could introduce a rules testing system for all players, it may get them to understand the laws of the game.
Ref & linesmen are supposed to works as a team, but now you hardly see linesmen flag for anything but offside & throw ins, even then sometimes only when either he or the ref have a guess as to which way it should be given.

It's probably the only solution. Get tough on every bit of gamesmanship, simulation, the lot. Book them for picking up the ball after a foul, book the lot for surrounding the ref, book them for leaving/entering the field without permission after an assault on the opposition bench.
Start throwing cards around and sending them off. Give the penalty for shirt pulling, no warnings other than day 1 of the season. Once sides start conceding 3 and 4 pens a game and finish with 8 players they will soon wise up. It would make the game a farce in the short term, but better for it in the long. If something doesn't change it will just get worse.
Finally, get the fucking idiots on tv to smarten up. I'm sick of hearing them say "he thought he felt a touch so had every right to go down". Grow a pair and tell it as it is, they are con men and should be called out. Kids see and hear all of this and think it's ok!! Mind you, if they are ever fortunate enough to be footballers they will be told as much anyway🤬
The problem lies with IFAB, the rulemakers who have systematically ruined the game through pure idiocy: offside, handball, 'simulation' etc etc etc. Some of their rules are nothing short of a cheat's charter, and the players have become extremely clever at exploiting them. Everyone knows that inviting contact is a serious problem, yet what has IFAB done about it? Nothing. But let's have another look at that handball rule again instead, let's see if we can make it even more ludicrous than it already is. And let's give the game VAR, allow it to completely ruin the game as an exciting, fast-flowing spectacle, and allow incompetent fools to operate it. Here's a thought: perhaps if IFAB got the rules right, VAR would not be required.

Surprisingly, I do feel sorry for referees because of it. Some players have worked very hard on their cheating skills (let's give it the proper name) and the rules are now so complex that no one has any real chance of deciding whether an offence has been committed or not.

Slight detour, but about the life of a referee. Some cracking tales, I particularly liked the pie story toward the end