AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City - KO - 3.00pm GMT Sat 2nd Mar 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City - KO - 3.00pm GMT Sat 2nd Mar 2019 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Who's Sarri now column of U turns

A game every two to three days just to fit in the still meaningless Internationals in, but it is the price of fame we have to endure as City battle Referees, Media, UEFA, FIFA, and other unknowns (but likely suspects are not too far from good guesses) in a clear and organised effort to try and destroy the name of Manchester City.

I digress as City travel to the South Coast and visit the seaside Town of Bournemouth who in their last 6 games have won 1 lost 4 and drawn 1 and in Midweek they were given a sound thrashing by Arsenal by contrast City wasteful in front of goal managed a 1-0 win over Manuel Pellegrini's West Ham and excuses abound as to the reasons why we did not hammer 'The Hammers' and it was great to see the warm welcome for the West Ham boss and a rousing ovation for Pablo Zabaleta but much to the relief of VMC posters as pointed out a win is a win.

It was a week of success but not with its downside, City win the Carabao Cup, The Women win the Continental Cup, The Youth side are in the semi-finals of the FA Youth Cup but in regard to the Centurions they have lost Fernandinho and Laporte for a few weeks, but other squad players are returning from the physio couch in the form of Ben Mendy, Gabriel Jesus and John Stones, but whether they will be ready for the game this weekend is another matter, although Mendy was on the bench against West Ham, but stayed there throughout the match.

A major concern is the form of Riyad Mahrez and you have to wonder if the player is entirely happy at City or whether City are entirely happy with Mahrez.

My Guess:-

Ederson
Walker Kompany Otamendi Zinchenko
Bernardo, Gundogan, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling
Aguero

Officials
Referee:
Kevin Friend
Assistants: Matthew Wilkes, Adrian Holmes
Fourth official: David Coote

latest Odds
Bournemouth 13/1 Draw 61/10 City 5/19

Next

Sat, 09 Mar5.30pm (GMT)
watford.ashx
Watford

ETIHAD STADIUM
Premier LeagueBBC MCR (VIA MANCITY.

Last edited:
Still 30 points to play for on the table, so plenty of time for Liverpool and us to stuff it up in what is now a two pony race. This game has to be a banker for us and a good chance for Kun to get a couple more chasing that golden slipper.

Still 30 points to play for on the table, so plenty of time for Liverpool and us to stuff it up in what is now a two pony race. This game has to be a banker for us and a good chance for Kun to get a couple more chasing that golden slipper.

Hammers were there for the taking but we struggled to get their 'keeper to make a save - lot's of possession but league tables aren't judged on that - apart from the table containing possession stats.

But yes, still lots can happen - or not, maybe one side will lose and then draw whilst the other wins all their matches. Maybe it will go down to the 95th minute again . . .

Ederson
Aguero

My only change is Stones for Kompany.
Bench - Danilo, Kompany, Foden, Sane, Mahrez, G Jesus

Ederson
Aguero

My only change is Stones for Kompany.
Bench - Danilo, Kompany, Foden, Sane, Mahrez, G Jesus

Would you put in Stonesy right away rather than giving him a 30 min spell and then do the same next match so him and vinnie could face Schalke, but don’t rule out Sandler who is making great progress as is Garcia

Would you put in Stonesy right away rather than giving him a 30 min spell and then do the same next match so him and vinnie could face Schalke, but don’t rule out Sandler who is making great progress as is Garcia

Fair point. I was 50-50 about it, but just feel Kompany maybe rested with the next two games in mind.
I know Pep talks about only focusing on the game to be played, and it goes against the grain as such to put a player recovering from injury straight in, but I'm sure that has happened earlier in the season.
Otamendi's suspension against Schalke (he'll surely play next Saturday) is the main factor in my thinking.

Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Zinchenko, Gundogan, Silva (C), De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo, Aguero

Subs | Muric, Danilo, Kompany, Sané, Mahrez, Jesus, Foden