AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City - KO - 17:30 GMT Saturday 24th February 2024 - Premier League match Preview and MDT | Vital Football

AFC Bournemouth v Manchester City - KO - 17:30 GMT Saturday 24th February 2024 - Premier League match Preview and MDT

Buzz Lightyear

Alert Team
The Game
This game down on the South coast is our game in hand as Liverpool™failed self Titled, The People's Favouites, will play Chelsea this weekend in the League Cup.
So this game is a must win if City are once again to close that gap, a bit of a scare on Tuesday against Brentford was the omission of Kevin De Bruyne, who it was revealed after the game by City head coach Pep Guardiola that, Kevin had suffered a tweak in his hamstring and was rested as precautionary.
The good news was that although we had 25 shots at the Brentford goal, we found once again a Keeper playing out of his skin, that Erling Haaland put through with the closest Bees defender doing a 'Stevie Gerrard Turn' and the Viking finished off in fine style with what turned out to be the winner.
Bournemouth are just in the bottom half of the League, but we should keep an eye on Solanke, who is their leading scorer, whilst their defence is not too shabby and will take some penetrating.

On The Official Manchester City FC site (www.mancity.com) Steve Howey, Lee Bradbury* and Keith Curle on the latest Matchday Live show, offering their expert insight before, during and after the action. They will also answer viewer questions throughout the broadcast, with audience participation actively encouraged on Matchday Live. To get in touch, send a WhatsApp to: +447537186538. During the game you can also listen to live audio commentary from Alistair Mann'
* Lee Bradbury a keen Southampton supporter, who played 40 games and one season at City, but whilst a Journeyman his most appearances were for and I shall leave it for you to guess that one, he also managed them for a season too.

Team News
Pep G. will give us the latest this lunch-time, but the only doubt I feel maybe KDB depending on any tests he has had during the week. Jo Gvardiol is out and Grealish is doubtful but PG has challenged Flash to challenge for a place in the side.

Best Guess
Ederson
Walker, Stones, Dias, Ake
Bernardo, Rodri, Foden
Alvarez, Haaland, Bobb

Match Officials
Referee:
Jarred Gillett
Assistants: Darren Cann, Derek Eaton
Fourth official: Simon Hooper
VAR: Andy Madley
Assistant VAR: Simon Long

Next

Luton v City - FA Cup 5th Rd - Tuesday 27th February 2024 - 20:00 GMT (ITV UK)

Last edited:
I have little doubt we should dominate the stats and the game, therefore I think we should run out winners. Bobb could hold his spot, Jeremy looking a bit lost with 2 men on him each time he gets the ball. Can't see Red Kev starting in this fixture though. Come on City.

I think KDB will be wrapped in cotton wool. The analysts have done their homework on Jezza and opposition defenders are clearly doubling up on him. Same pattern will play out I have no doubt - our slow build up whilst the opposition get back into shape. We have got to get them running/chasing back facing their own goal a bit more frequently after a turnover (e.g. like the Viking’s goal v Brentford).

TEAM NEWS 📽​

CITY XI: Ederson, Akanji, Stones, Dias (C), Ake, Rodrigo, Nunes, Kovacic, Bernardo, Foden, Haaland
Subs: Ortega Moreno, Walker, Grealish, Doku, De Bruyne, Alvarez, Gomez, Bobb, Lewis

COMMENTARYReporting by Jack Mumford @mancity

3'

CITY'S SHAPE​

The first thing to note is that Matheus Nunes is out on the left, with Phil Foden operating in the space behind Erling Haaland.