AFC Bournemouth Fan Comments | Vital Football

AFC Bournemouth Fan Comments

Calvin Plummer

Vital Football Legend
Looking for a confident and dominant performance first and foremost, then the result should be in our favour. If we go back to looking like we did in the Birmingham game then last night's performance was obviously a false dawn.

Looking For First Win At The City Ground.

Forest...oh yeah ..Christ its on us..back to the grind... almost an anti - climax...can't get the Cup Derby off my mind. .quite the biggest game in our history by a country mile. I'd happily forfeit promotion if we can crack that bast@rd ! Kinda think though we could beat Zamp'n and Win the Cup and Go Up....you have to think it.. cus its compulsory to do so!

Has been 40 years since a team outside top level of English Football won the Cup. Why not the Cherries!

Wigan won a few seasons a go and had just been relegated from the top tier.

Want to stop Murray getting a sniff around goal. Our other two ex strikers Grabban and Taylor are on their bench.

Cookie off already, injured.

Bugger, our no1 man.

Kelly for Cook. Better hope we can outscore them then....Oh wait we have long upfront ffs.

Great by Begovic.

I would respectfully suggest that Long is an agent provocateur sent by Humscampton to stop us getting back up.

First half on Tuesday flew by,this half seems to be dragging on and on.

Looking pretty solid through to the final third where were completely toothless.

Dull and lifeless so far.

The Forest commentary is incredibly fair.

Long has missed two sitters that he was too short to get his head anywhere near.

Your definition of sitter is very different to mine. As far as I’m concerned he hasn’t even had a chance yet. Smith has put the majority of his crosses on the keeper or nowhere near anyone. Danjuma’s was slightly too high but a decent cross under the circumstances.

The whole side needs to up the workrate and tempo. Too many players ambling around or stood like statues whilst Forest buzz around.

Just glad to see we are not 1 down.

Forest are there for the taking, but we need to move the bloody ball forwards.

BBC live text describe it as "an entertaining affair". I wouldn't. Forest happy to hold us off, we are not able to land a blow.

Looks like a mid table league 1 game in the middle of April. Pretty dire all round but forest are there for the taking.

Half time stats say they have won 67% tackles to our none.

Houghton putting a wall up to stop us playing.

Somehow need to fix the midfield too; they're clogging it up and we can't play through.

Last 4 league games we've conceded in the first half. Getting to half time nil all is a step up. They've only lost one of their last 7 league games, 5 wins in that time. Far better form team than us.

The "25million pound man Lerma“, I think the commentator can’t quite believe we paid that for him. Fair commentary though.

Up against a typical Houghton team. Well drilled and boring.

63 per cent possession - two shots, none on target...

Kelly!! Stupid free kick to give away.

It must be hard not to punch or kick that knockhaert bloke tbf

I wonder if Forest will allow us to swap Long's loan contract for Grabs?

Has their keeper made a save?

Nope.

Do you think that Woodgate thinks that two wins and a draw will get him the job?

Well we can say he's slightly more adventurous than Houghton....Just.

We’ve obviously had some poor games this year performance wise, probably quite a few worse or just as bad this. However, is this the most boring game we’ve had for quite some years? I’m struggling to remember one so dull.

What a dive Knockhaert.

How does Knockaert get away with it ffs.

What a ******?

Turgid shite.

Awful game. Awful performance.

Boringmouth.

2 successful crosses out of 24
sums it up really.

Beat me to it. Some many promising positions but rico and smith were dire. Not sure where danjuma was second half.

Mind you, give forest credit though - that’s how Hughton plays so it is hard to break through.

Hughton seems happy to get a point and made no substitution.

One plus is that we didn’t go for Hughton at the start of the season. What awful football and clearly happy to settle for 0-0 at home.

So defensive, very hard to break them down, Hughton with a clench fist at the end showed they were very happy with the point.

Viv Anderson; "I think they(us) could get in the top two and maybe even the automatic spots"

Headed too many balls.

Is it me or is that not a bad point in fact? Credit to Hughton, he knows how to set a team up, Forest much improved under him.

We always seem to struggle to break down sides who show little ambition and just get players behind the ball.

Forest are starting to resemble a rescue home for former AFCB strikers with three now on their books.

Forest offered little to nothing going forward.

Man of the match was the referee... he was excellent, best this season. I know that’s not a great highlight but it is quite a relief to see it done properly.

Agreed, apart from that one time he awarded a free kick outside our box when Knockaert simply fell over.

Hughton has basically created an effective Forest defensive block.

Hughton has got Forest back on track. I don't think many teams will come away with three points from the City Ground from here on in, so it wasn't a disaster result but I'm glad we didn't appoint Hughton, I'd struggle to watch that each week.

Hughton..yet another bloody good manager slated by the 'football snobs' on this Forum. Why ? This is a long shot...is it because we are a Tory Town? Sometimes I'm embarrassed to read these flippant asides about other small club managers...no one ever picks on the w@nkers at Manu and Spurs...that are swimming in MONEY! What a Feed of Sh*t!

Have you ever thought what people think about the cr@p you post?

All the time!....a lot of it though is a p*ss take/protest kind of thing....in response to the snobbery we've picked up in the PL.

Loving their work.

Claiming we are boring and negative when they have players like Lerma, Wiltshire and Stanislas but don't manage a shot on target all game.

Apparently that's out fault for being boring and not letting them do whatever they want, rather than them being too shite to play around an organised team fighting relegation without one of it's best defenders

Loving their work.

Claiming we are boring and negative when they have players like Lerma, Wiltshire and Stanislas but don't manage a shot on target all game.

Apparently that's out fault for being boring and not letting them do whatever they want, rather than them being too shite to play around an organised team fighting relegation without one of it's best defenders

They were very critical of Woodgate's tactics and a number of their players. I just couldn't be arsed to post them all bar the odd one like Boringmouth.

Cheers CP, a few seasons in the Prem and they think they are a big club... Hughton set out to frustrate and it worked. If we had nicked a goal we would all have been delighted.

There were quite a few very complimentary ones about us on Joe Bakers post on tother forum

Either he is not just using forums or the fucker is making them up. That's the entire match thread references to us and the post match comments.

Link to these positive comments that I've missed and where they're from.

Either he is not just using forums or the fucker is making them up. That's the entire match thread references to us and the post match comments.

Link to these positive comments that I've missed and where they're from.

I dont know where he gets them from; he splits his into three - the pre match comments, comments during the game and post game remarks.

I very much doubt he would make them up

Thought we were there for the taking, I though they were to be fair once their captain went off we should have put them under more pressure. It's an ok point still think we could have been mildly more offensive, they hardly got into any decent positions couple of subs may have been all it needed.

I dont know where he gets them from; he splits his into three - the pre match comments, comments during the game and post game remarks.

I very much doubt he would make them up

I call bullshit unless you can link me to them. I might miss the odd thing and for obvious reasons avoid twitter mongs.

Great work as usual CP. Rather arrogant bunch who seemed to expect us to just roll over rather than defend, tackle and break up their play. I only saw the first 30 mins or so on Sky before I had to get back to work, but certainly during that spell Forest looked just as good, no less adventurous and far more dangerous. The remaining 60 minutes could have been a different picture but it sounded pretty even via BBC Notts still.

Link them then and ask where they're from, not complicated. Or just you know fuck off moaning everytime.

Moaning!

That's a bit rich!

I was merely pointing out your omissions.

Its not like anyone is accusing you of being devious or only posting comments that reflect your viewpoint; who would dream of doing such a thing?

Stop being so touchy.

Moaning!

That's a bit rich!

Its not like anyone is accusing you of being devious or only posting comments that reflect your viewpoint; who would dream of doing such a thing?

Stop being so touchy.
Seriously Mao, it's Calvins post and the vast majority of us appreciate him taking the time to do it. If you don't like how he does it, don't read it fella. I'd rather read cherry picked comments than no comments, but I find CP gives a good spread of views anyway. Don't moan about good content that someone has taken the time to put together.

Moaning!

That's a bit rich!

Stop being so touchy.

This is not the first time you've had a little bitch at my thread, insinuating that I'm deliberately withholding comments that paint us in a better light.

I genuinely try to post everything I find about us on opposition forums, along with a general flow to the match. I'm still awaiting your links, let's see some evidence.

If you prefer his version of my idea because he's added sub headings that's awesome. Stick to reading it.