Accrington (A) highlights | Vital Football

Accrington (A) highlights

What a finish by Sean Roughan! Coleman referred to that goal as 'lucky' in his post-match interview - the deflection may have been, but the finish was superb.

Shodipo should have scored when through in the first half, but great that he is getting into goalscoring positions.

And never a red card in a million years.

What a finish by Sean Roughan! Coleman referred to that goal as 'lucky' in his post-match interview - the deflection may have been, but the finish was superb.

Shodipo should have scored when through in the first half, but great that he is getting into goalscoring positions.

And never a red card in a million years.
Yep, red was ridiculous.

You can clearly hear the bench (MK?) calling the press for House and Shodipo on the third goal.

Roughan's goal has (just a little) shades of another famous goal by a Lincoln left back - no?

What I'm most impressed with are the amount of white shirts in the penalty area on all of those chances
Good point, something lacking for several years now. May it have had something to do with MK getting us higher up the pitch in conjunction with us having the majority of possession for a change.

If your starting position is nearer the opponents goal and you can keep hold of the ball it gives you time to filter people into the box rather than having to bust a gut on a fast counter.

I watched the whole game on I-Follow, as usual. Great result, but it was all about the overall performance. The highlights don’t do it justice. We were in total control for the whole 90 minutes, and playing some lovely football, mostly in the Accrington half. Chalk and cheese from the last two games against them and from Cambridge last week. Ethan is definitely a major find, if he can sustain that kind of form, with the support of all those around him (& injuries permitting 🤞). Just pleased that MK took off the shackles and got them further up the pitch. Also, IIRC, MK saying something along the lines that Ethan is more physically robust, aggressive but knows how to play football’ which is the type of player he’s looking to build the team around. On yesterday’s performance (which you should never do) I’ll go so far as to say he is made for the Championship and am already looking forward to the summer window if that’s the kind of player we can recruit. Totally agree with Sedgley about the number of players getting into the box - I noticed that too. Odd that it led to three goals 🤔 (& could have been at least two more) (Should have said that in olive 🤔). Now, the question is, can we produce a performance like that at home against Bristol Rovers - if we can, we are on the move 🤞