Academy | Vital Football

Academy

JC21

Vital Football Hero
I'm a bit reluctant to post this on the off chance that fookwit reads this forum and give him an idea but here goes. During the discussions of how much the club is actually worth someone quoted that the academy land is worth £25m. This seems high to me but it's obviously worth something. If he is going to go down the asset stripping route, is there anything to stop him selling this?

JC21 - 14/1/2017 14:52

I'm a bit reluctant to post this on the off chance that fookwit reads this forum and give him an idea but here goes. During the discussions of how much the club is actually worth someone quoted that the academy land is worth £25m. This seems high to me but it's obviously worth something. If he is going to go down the asset stripping route, is there anything to stop him selling this?

I posted that. The academy is 25 acres of land. Building land retails at £1m an acre, there has been planning passed on the adjacent 16.5 acre plot previously. I don't know what sort of agreement rushcliffe made over it. I can barely recall how doughty got the land off them, it was previously a sports centre ran by rushcliffe. I have some vague recollection of him paying around £600,000 for it but have failed in finding anything to support this.