Abdullah out | Page 2 | Vital Football

Abdullah out

It’s the complete lack of planning for me we just seem to have stumbled from one crises into another with no plan for the future and this window is no different just putting it off till the next crises in the summer when we have half a squad and those left aren’t good enough 😡
I know. I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder is off again although I think he'll see the season out this time. Oh to have somebody like Derek Dooley overseeing things at this end. Somebody who knows the game who can to say it as it is and i son't think Bettis is the man for that.

Why are we surprised at the current situation at BDBL, it,s the same old, same old. Little wonder 1925 was our last lifting of a major trophy, we just exist as also rans who continue to stumble along from one problem to another making me immune to our obvious deficiencies and current plight, flattering to deceive is our byword. Our glory days finished almost a hundred years ago and we were,nt lucky enough to witness them (I think?), So I accept it is what it is and what it always will be unless by some miracle a Billionaire fancies a pop at taking us over and totally changes our expectations,i e Man City but that is just a pipe dream that I won,t witness in my lifetime. The most valuable asset the Blades have ever had is their loyal fan base, like me born with red,white and black in their veins, loyal to the bitter end, regardless of setbacks and heartache and happy with any success that comes our way, regardless how big or small, but I make sure the joy of any success is met with the equal joy of winning any major trophy or title. Blades are simply born and not made! 1000 percent Blade!!

Why are we surprised at the current situation at BDBL, it,s the same old, same old. Little wonder 1925 was our last lifting of a major trophy, we just exist as also rans who continue to stumble along from one problem to another making me immune to our obvious deficiencies and current plight, flattering to deceive is our byword. Our glory days finished almost a hundred years ago and we were,nt lucky enough to witness them (I think?), So I accept it is what it is and what it always will be unless by some miracle a Billionaire fancies a pop at taking us over and totally changes our expectations,i e Man City but that is just a pipe dream that I won,t witness in my lifetime. The most valuable asset the Blades have ever had is their loyal fan base, like me born with red,white and black in their veins, loyal to the bitter end, regardless of setbacks and heartache and happy with any success that comes our way, regardless how big or small, but I make sure the joy of any success is met with the equal joy of winning any major trophy or title. Blades are simply born and not made! 1000 percent Blade!!
To be fair mi owd pal,i don't think many are surprised by the situation at BDBL,disapointed YES but surprised NO.especially us older BLADES.UTB

Seen it all befoor mate and got loads o "T" shirts. Only the Blades could argually sell their two best players one week befoor bein back in the Prem. Shades o selling Jones and Birchenall in the 67/68 relegation season.

Seen it all befoor mate and got loads o "T" shirts. Only the Blades could argually sell their two best players one week befoor bein back in the Prem. Shades o selling Jones and Birchenall in the 67/68 relegation season.
Or selling Deano and Fjortoft on the same day 'by mistake' when we were well on the road back to automatic promotion and we ended up in the play offs and missing out. The phrase 'you couldn't make it up' is often overused but in our case it's well deserved.

A Multi billionaire wouldn't work either, not here.
The club would still buy the same shite but only for a lot more money.
It is incapable of recognising quality because it is so detached from the fanbase, they actually believe that we would rather watch shit and cause an upset every few years than actually be any good.

It's the Blades Way and apparently we all love it that way.

Let's not forget the bloke who was in charge of QPR Lakshmi Mittal or something, was the 4th richest person in the world when in charge of them.

It doesn't matter who's in charge if the aim is purely to plod along, and 99.9% of these multi billionaires have become multi billionaires by cutting costs at every opportunity, making 6 people do 10 people's jobs, cutting down on their products size, quality, durability and usefulness.

This is how United have been run for 135 years, if they need a left back and a centre half, they loan a crap left back who once played a game at Centre Half in an injury crisis and think they've got a bargain

Most billionaires are too thick to understand that in their normal business world they can get any **** to press the stop and start button on a machine, but buy any **** to play football and it's all going to go wrong.

I don't think there's any hope anymore, I think we are seeing the beginning of the end, and by that I mean:

100 years ago 10 United fan fathers had 10 United fan sons.
Nowadays I bet the figure isn't even 5 United fan sons, despite us having good attendances in a relatively small stadium, our piss poor Wembley followings is starting to prove that these floating supporters that every other club seems to have an entire City, Town and Region of don't exist at Sheffield United.

And it's getting worse and worse with each generation IMO

A Multi billionaire wouldn't work either, not here.
The club would still buy the same shite but only for a lot more money.
It is incapable of recognising quality because it is so detached from the fanbase, they actually believe that we would rather watch shit and cause an upset every few years than actually be any good.

It's the Blades Way and apparently we all love it that way.

Let's not forget the bloke who was in charge of QPR Lakshmi Mittal or something, was the 4th richest person in the world when in charge of them.

It doesn't matter who's in charge if the aim is purely to plod along, and 99.9% of these multi billionaires have become multi billionaires by cutting costs at every opportunity, making 6 people do 10 people's jobs, cutting down on their products size, quality, durability and usefulness.

This is how United have been run for 135 years, if they need a left back and a centre half, they loan a crap left back who once played a game at Centre Half in an injury crisis and think they've got a bargain

Most billionaires are too thick to understand that in their normal business world they can get any **** to press the stop and start button on a machine, but buy any **** to play football and it's all going to go wrong.

I don't think there's any hope anymore, I think we are seeing the beginning of the end, and by that I mean:

100 years ago 10 United fan fathers had 10 United fan sons.
Nowadays I bet the figure isn't even 5 United fan sons, despite us having good attendances in a relatively small stadium, our piss poor Wembley followings is starting to prove that these floating supporters that every other club seems to have an entire City, Town and Region of don't exist at Sheffield United.

And it's getting worse and worse with each generation IMO
Disagree, a Multi Billionaire would 100% work for us.

The potential fan base at the Blades is deffo there, our brill team of 70/71 when promoted set the Div on fire and regularly had 35,000 plus gates. The sleeping giant at BDBL is ready to be stirred into life by some multi billionaire.but it,s another wish in one hand, shit in the other situation.

Or selling Deano and Fjortoft on the same day 'by mistake' when we were well on the road back to automatic promotion and we ended up in the play offs and missing out. The phrase 'you couldn't make it up' is often overused but in our case it's well deserved.
That was 26 years ago...
Currie sold to Leeds 48 years ago.
Mick Jones sold to Leeds 57 years ago.

The board members of the time are dead and gone, the players careers are long since over, and yet we still can't let go of the hard luck stories.

We love a misery-fest, us Blades...

That was 26 years ago...

The board members of the time are dead and gone, the players careers are long since over, and yet we still can't let go of the hard luck stories.

And quite rightly too! I'd normally try to put something together to qualify that statement FKB but as I previously posted, my current disenchantment with the club has left me a bit can't be arsed. I'm sure you know the feeling.

And quite rightly too! I'd normally try to put something together to qualify that statement FKB but as I previously posted, my current disenchantment with the club has left me a bit can't be arsed. I'm sure you know the feeling.
Disenchanted with football as a whole, to be fair.

Disenchanted with football as a whole, to be fair.
I think everything gets magnified when your teams not doing well
we’ve just had the transfer window and even the most optimistic fans can’t hold much belief this squad will dig us out of the mire the overwhelming majority can only see another 3 months of pain and quite often embarrassment

we’ve just had the transfer window and even the most optimistic fans can’t hold much belief this squad will dig us out of the mire the overwhelming majority can only see another 3 months of pain and quite often embarrassment
Its only painful and embarrassing if you care. Once you reach 'can't give a toss', everything suddenly becomes okay again.

That was 26 years ago...

FKB, I can't give up on my hatred of the sale of our Mick. Others followed
to our discust.

I've already accepted what it's going to be like for the rest of this season and moved onto next season with more than a little trepidation.

It’s only painful and embarrassing if you care. Once you reach 'can't give a toss', everything suddenly becomes okay again.
That’s true, though the thing that’s always confused me on football forums over the years are the number of posters who regularly state that they no longer give a toss and urge the rest to see the light and do the same, and yet they’re back posting week after week, year after year. They can’t seem to break the link. Maybe there’s more to it?

That was 26 years ago...

Tha forgot Alex Sabella and Gary Hamson, remember him? scoored the winner agee-anst mighty Liverpool at BDBL. We seemed at times to be a nursery club for the West Yorks wankers. As for all in the past, it,s all part of our often bollock dropping history, but we never seem to learn from historical mistakes

That’s true, though the thing that’s always confused me on football forums over the years are the number of posters who regularly state that they no longer give a toss and urge the rest to see the light and do the same, and yet they’re back posting week after week, year after year. They can’t seem to break the link. Maybe there’s more to it?
Its a form of missionary work...

Tha forgot Alex Sabella and Gary Hamson, remember him? scoored the winner agee-anst mighty Liverpool at BDBL. We seemed at times to be a nursery club for the West Yorks wankers. As for all in the past, it,s all part of our often bollock dropping history, but we never seem to learn from historical mistakes
Keith Edwards !

Keith Edwards !

You can add in the Kyles, and maybe our cross dressing friend at Everton, but bearing in mind the number of players we've had through the door, its not THAT long a list is it..? Most of them come in, disappoint us, then move on and disappear down the leagues...